Top 50 Defensive Back Coaches in College Football

We had a Top 25 scoring defense last year and ranked in the Top 10 in sacks. We have steadily improved on defense every year.

When you add in how many more possessions/plays other teams get due to how we play offense, I’m not sure DC is our problem. And our defensive recruiting is improving as well. Personally, I’m happy with the overall defense.
The casuals are out and about in this thread. Smh

We had a Top 25 scoring defense last year and ranked in the Top 10 in sacks. We have steadily improved on defense every year.

When you add in how many more possessions/plays other teams get due to how we play offense, I’m not sure DC is our problem. And our defensive recruiting is improving as well. Personally, I’m happy with the overall defense.
As is any realistic person

Reactions: Rocky Knocksville
I hate to complain, but for me those polls are meaningless. They list coaches from places like Bowling Green and Toledo ahead of our staff? Really? We're SEC, baby. We play big boy ball!

Reactions: WillisWG
How can one be a secondary coach for 35 years and have zero respect in his field? Retire already, Jeez....

Shades of Fulmer with this incompetent hanger-on.
He tried. Banks and Heupel wanted him back. He has plenty of respect in his field. How many major programs has he worked for? How many kids has he put in the nfl?

Reactions: Sarms58

No. 20 Tim Banks, Tennessee​

The blueprint has always been there, from his days at UCF. The recruiting of coach Josh Heupel and his staff has allowed it to play out on the field. The more the roster upgrades, the more dangerous the defense becomes. And it made huge strides last season, allowing 20.3 points per game.
I tend to agree. Half our DBs the last few years were slow enough that Chavis would’ve converted them to backup LBs.

I tend to agree. Half our DBs the last few years were slow enough that Chavis would’ve converted them to backup LBs.
Yep not many were built to cover some of the WRs we face. Need more like Boo and Kaleb but everybody is after those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Looks like we scored 35 points against the # 1 rated defensive coach in college football last year. I wonder how many points we would score against him this year if we get to play against him.

Do a top 50 defensive coordinators while we are at it.
CM probably has the most talent he's had since he came back with CH. At the very least, there should be an overall statistical improvement in the secondary of at least 15% - 20%. If not, I think he has to be fired. He probably already has, but CH should have a couple tip top guys practically in the boat before he takes action.

VN Store

Back