Top Secret Practices

I'm willing to bet this has more to due with the lack of focus from our team then it does with secret game planning. I mean what are we going to implement in our offense anyways? I can see CBJ now, yes, we didn't want the Knox media at practice all week as we secretly implemented accurate throwing from Worley in our offense.

How about, not knowing which QB will take the snaps?

Last week many said " we didn't show much and waiting for the Oregon game to open playbook." Most of us knew the playbook wasn't being saved but rather the execution was limiting opening playbook. This week folks are thinking CBJ has some great new wrinkles he is trying to preserve and not get leaked out. I don't think that is the case as well. I think Worley will be the starter again and CBJ is trying to shield he and the rest of the team at the moment from distractions of who the starter is. There is no way you can give equal reps to 4 qb's and prepare a team or a qb for the game plan the week of the Florida game. Worley will be our starter Saturday.

I'm in Knoxville for work. Went by the book store for some new grey shirts. The sound coming from the practice facility was deafening so I had to go by there. The volume that was being played of the Florida crowd was insane. And the QB battle was definitely taking place. CBJ even had the scout team dressed in Florida gear. They even had gator logos on their helmets. This practice was serious. I have some terrible cellphone videos of the noise if you care to see

I'm in Knoxville for work. Went by the book store for some new grey shirts. The sound coming from the practice facility was deafening so I had to go by there. The volume that was being played of the Florida crowd was insane. And the QB battle was definitely taking place. CBJ even had the scout team dressed in Florida gear. They even had gator logos on their helmets. This practice was serious. I have some terrible cellphone videos of the noise if you care to see

Dressed in UF gear? You serious Clark?

How exactly do you video tape noise :lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
Then the TSR guys come back giving a full scouting report and practice review after seeing 5 minutes lol. It's either that or they ***** about getting kicked out early. I like the fact CBJ is cracking down. Esp after last Saturday.

Who is Clark? Yes, I'm serious. Florida crowd noise, blue jerseys, gators on the scout team helmets

Meet Clark:
Clark-Griswold.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
real talk can't palardy throw? they seem to love to send him out to punt so often might as well work on a fake punt.

real talk can't palardy throw? they seem to love to send him out to punt so often might as well work on a fake punt.

would be cool to see UT actually try something like that. i was so pumped when drummer ran the fake fg for TD last yr against Mizzou. but of course we know how that ended. the stadium booed ol Orange Pants outta there as they should have. it was a long drive back home

a la dooley 2011 against bama.

i'm waiting for that one again. enjoyed it. bama 2012 should have been way better. but wasn't. thanks sal.

edit: I enjoyed the fake punt. and the first half. NOT THE SCORE AT THE END.

Listen Palardy is fragil material. He's punted well this year, so lets not chance his confidence by making him throw it and it becomes a pick six. I just wish he could get a touchback on kickoffs because I'm tired of seeing opposing teams blow by our coverage team. If we get into a big game where we have a chance to win CBJ is going to have to think about putting starters like Coleman on special teams to prevent a big play. It's to big a risk to do it all the time, but I'd make sure starters like Coleman knew how to cover in special teams just in case we needed them. I'm also curious does anybody know if Sapp is playing special teams? He's was by far our best special teams player in coverage last year.

Didn't we hate on Dooley for this kind of stuff? It cracks me up reading threads sometimes.

try hard.

If you can't tell the difference between locking out practices leading into a monumental game (jones) and locking out the entire program to everyone including former players (dooley) then, well, there's something about beachfront property or some such.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch Doesn't Want The Media Seeing The Super Secret Play Where The QB Runs The Read Option And Never Ever Ever Keeps It.

Reactions: 3 people
I think if anything CBJ just doesn't want the distraction of it all. Whether it's working on more/new plays or working to find a new QB, having the media there is just not going to help anything.

Did the trey burton impersonator gash the D for an 80yd TD? :birgits_giggle:

Really makes you wonder what Butch & company are up to. I wonder if all the QB are getting some work in or is it just Worley and Peterman. Wouldnt it be crazy if Dobbs or Ferguson got the start saturday.

If we get into a big game where we have a chance to win CBJ is going to have to think about putting starters like Coleman on special teams to prevent a big play. It's to big a risk to do it all the time, but I'd make sure starters like Coleman knew how to cover in special teams just in case we needed them. I'm also curious does anybody know if Sapp is playing special teams? He's was by far our best special teams player in coverage last year.

CBJ said that the entire starting defense may be out there for special teams coverage this week

they will do a play like von reeves & carl pickens did against florida in 1990.what a play.majors pulled a rabbit out of his hat with that one.

VN Store

Back