Toughest Ticket You Have Ever Scalped At a Game

Drove down from Milwaukee to South Bend to watch Vols and Irish. Parked 12 blocks from stadium and scalpers wanted $300 for each ticket. Didn't have that much dough on us, so waited and waited for prices to come down and by game time, there was NOTHING available and streets were empty around stadium. Then a lovely couple approached us and the gentleman looked at my Orange and White Wing Tip shoes and said "Are you a Vol Fan". Sold us the tickets for $50/piece and we were smack in the middle of the Vol section - which was the NE corner. The second miracle happened that day when we came from behind and beat Lou and the Irish.

Reactions: 7 people
Nothing as bad as the ripoff that is being a season ticket holder.

I pay my season ticket fee and enjoy each moment of it. When it gets beyond what I can afford, I'll watch on tv.

Doesn't do any good to sit there and bish about it. :cray:

Reactions: 2 people
For the 2001 SEC CG there were very few tickets for sale on the streets. All we needed was a single and it was still over $100.

The 2003 Peach Bowl was another tough ticket on the streets.

Drove down from Milwaukee to South Bend to watch Vols and Irish. Parked 12 blocks from stadium and scalpers wanted $300 for each ticket. Didn't have that much dough on us, so waited and waited for prices to come down and by game time, there was NOTHING available and streets were empty around stadium. Then a lovely couple approached us and the gentleman looked at my Orange and White Wing Tip shoes and said "Are you a Vol Fan". Sold us the tickets for $50/piece and we were smack in the middle of the Vol section - which was the NE corner. The second miracle happened that day when we came from behind and beat Lou and the Irish.

Definitely this game was, there were no tickets anywhere. It was a Saturday night game, I believe Gameday was here, it was crazy. Also UT/Florida in '96 comes to mind.

This years Georgia Ticket maybe the worst yet, if we beat Oregon or Florida. If by some miracle we clipped both of them it would be outrageous.

Because everyone is drinking the B. Jones kool aide and we may break out the grey jerseys and its the only real big game at home .

Last edited:
Whats the hardest/most expensive ticket you all have ever tried to buy at the stadium?

Penn St game in 1972. first night game ever at Neyland.

you could not locate tickets being scalped before the game. I ended up standing outside the stadium during the game and they finally open gates at start of 4th quarter and you could go in. So I stood in entrance from concourse for the 4th quarter and watched.

someone came out to gate at start of the 3rd quarter with 3 tickets that they sold to someone for $60 a piece. I don't recall the cost of the tickets back then but I have a ticket stub from the 1979 Bama game and the cost was $10. So I guess the 1972 ticket was less that $10.

Definitely this game was, there were no tickets anywhere. It was a Saturday night game, I believe Gameday was here, it was crazy. Also UT/Florida in '96 comes to mind.

he is talking 1991 game I believe. it was a cold day game..

This years Georgia Ticket maybe the worst yet, if we beat Oregon or Florida. If by some miracle we clipped both of them it would be outrageous.

Because everyone is drinking the B. Jones kool aide and we may break out the grey jerseys and its the only real big game at home .

there are going to be tickets available for every game this year at low prices. Be surprised if we sell out any game.

I requested extra tickets to Auburn game because I'm taking friends to that game. I just got them this morning and all are in section B. I requested 8 extras.

this shows that there are a ton of tickets available.. will be this way until Butch gets things turned around and season tickets increase back from mid 50K to lower 70K number. Until we get back to selling over 70,000 season tickets, tickets will be easy to come by.

Reactions: 1 person
2007 SEC Championship game. I was a student, didn't win the ticket lottery, and paid $300 to someone to transfer their pair of tickets to me.

The UNLV game where Schaffer/Ainge first played.
That's the only time I've ever not been able to find a ticket outside the stadium even after kickoff. People still wanted like $80 a ticket as the first quarter was coming to an end.

The UNLV game where Schaffer/Ainge first played.
That's the only time I've ever not been able to find a ticket outside the stadium even after kickoff. People still wanted like $80 a ticket as the first quarter was coming to an end.

I had the same problem with UT Martin a few years ago

I have been lucky i guess.I never paid that much for tickets i bought from a scalper.But i have bought them on road games and sat right in the middle of the home teams fans.The 92 Georgia game is my most memorable game.Fulmer was co head coach because majors was out because of heart related issues.Fulmer took a Tennessee team that was fairly young on the road and beat a highly rated Georgia team that was picked to contend for a spot in the first sec title game.Heath Shuler lead a remarkable 4th quarter drive that had a 4th and long pass completion for a first down.I think the final score was tenn 34 ga 31.After the game the look uga fans faces was priceless.I walked through them with a few more tennessee fans saying.uga.uga.You guys know what uga stands for.Up Georgia's a$$.

I sold a pair of tickets to the UT AU game in 1991 to an Aubie for $1,000 each. The forecast was for rain, and it did, and the tickets were sky box tix.

I bought 2 tickets under the over hang for $80 each and enjoyed the evening in the dry as well.

Did I feel badly about the transaction? Not for one second! :)

We went to the 2006 game in Athens where the Vols hung half-a-hundred on the mutts, 51-33.

We live near Orlando (behind enemy lines) and stayed with in-laws on the NE side of Atlanta, so it was an easy drive to dawg city.

Our biggest issue was we needed 3 tickets. Getting 1, 2 or 4 is a lot easier than getting 3. My Big Orange daughter was 10 then and was getting really anxious about her dad finding tickets to the game, so I stepped it up and actually found three in the upper end zone from an UGA fan who was there by himself. They cost me $100 each, but I had a happy Big Orange daughter and we were all very happy as the night ended. We were in the end zone where Antonio Wardlow blocked the punt and recovered it for a TD. Heard the BOOM from way up in the end zone. Man, that was a sweet sound! :)

Reactions: 3 people
I sold a pair of tickets to the UT AU game in 1991 to an Aubie for $1,000 each. The forecast was for rain, and it did, and the tickets were sky box tix.

I bought 2 tickets under the over hang for $80 each and enjoyed the evening in the dry as well.

Did I feel badly about the transaction? Not for one second! :)

$1,000 each? Guy had more dollars than sense... What would make someone pay that much for tickets to a football game? I LOVE Big Orange football but I wouldn't pay that much to see the Vols even if I had that kind of money.

I have been lucky i guess.I never paid that much for tickets i bought from a scalper.But i have bought them on road games and sat right in the middle of the home teams fans.The 92 Georgia game is my most memorable game.Fulmer was co head coach because majors was out because of heart related issues.Fulmer took a Tennessee team that was fairly young on the road and beat a highly rated Georgia team that was picked to contend for a spot in the first sec title game.Heath Shuler lead a remarkable 4th quarter drive that had a 4th and long pass completion for a first down.I think the final score was tenn 34 ga 31.After the game the look uga fans faces was priceless.I walked through them with a few more tennessee fans saying.uga.uga.You guys know what uga stands for.Up Georgia's a$$.

That was the same game that came to mind for me. About 10 of us went down to the game. We had four tickets combined. Couldn't find anything less than $100 ea. so we sold our 4 for I think $175 ea. took the money to a bar and drank and ate a lot while watching Shuler run wild!

$1,000 each? Guy had more dollars than sense... What would make someone pay that much for tickets to a football game? I LOVE Big Orange football but I wouldn't pay that much to see the Vols even if I had that kind of money.

It all goes to show you. When the fellow asked if I had tickets to sell, I gave him a price I thought would send him into hibernation. He took it, and I told my brother that I should have asked for more!

They were skybox tickets, a lot of ppl never get to take that in.

I wouldnt pay 1000 to go to any game except maybe VOLS vs BAMA National Championship after the playoffs start but skybox is pretty cool.

You feel all eligent, but too much out of the game.
Plus, there's no old ppl yelling at you to sit down, and that is all part of the gameday experience! :)

May be covered some where else, and forgive me if it is, but where is the best place to get tickets on the cheap? I'm coming from SC with a 4 hr drive and 4 kids and my wife and I have wanted to bring the whole family but its always been too expensive to do so. I'm thinking the South Alabama game might be the easiest one to get in to (and also happens to be my oldest son's birthday). Someone once told me to go to the G-10 parking before the game and buy from individuals instead of scalpers.
Any thoughts?

VN Store

Back