Transfers

He did so plenty after ZZ was injured 2 years ago. Against Duke, he and Santi both played PG.
You said plenty and then pointed out one game. I remember it a bit differently.. ZZ was injured early in the game feb 28 from that point on Santi played the vast majority of all games over 30 minutes a game. Mashacks minutes didn't change. In my memory, it was Tyreke Key who was eating up the minutes both Santi and Mashack were on the bench and running point. Or was that a fever dream?

You said plenty and then pointed out one game. I remember it a bit differently.. ZZ was injured early in the game feb 28 from that point on Santi played the vast majority of all games over 30 minutes a game. Mashacks minutes didn't change. In my memory, it was Tyreke Key who was eating up the minutes both Santi and Mashack were on the bench and running point. Or was that a fever dream?
Mashack ran the point once ZZ got hurt and at the start of last season. Barnes didn't want to put SV back at point for extended minutes after the 2020-2021 season. During the 2020-2021 season, Barnes had to start using Keon and Jaden to bring the ball up.

Mashack ran the point once ZZ got hurt and at the start of last season. Barnes didn't want to put SV back at point for extended minutes after 20-21. During the 20-21 season, Barnes had to start using Keon and Jaden to bring the ball up.
But Santi was our PG when ZZ went down and Tyreke Key was the backup.. or were my eyes deceiving me for those games?

When ZZ went down Key and Santi's minutes went up Mashacks stayed the same. So.....I mean lets use common sense here. I watched those games....Santi was running point and Key was backing him up and Mashacks minutes actually went down...

a) I cited Duke as an example that folks should remember because it was a memorable game…not because it was the only game in which he played PG. He played some PG that whole postseason.
b) Santi got most of the minutes, yes. But Mashack filled in some.

The topic was whether he can fill in at PG in small doses when ZZ rests. I was responding to your post that said Mashack has no history of doing so. Specifically, “That being said, I have never seen him demonstrate or put in position to demonstrate PG skills.”

He most certainly has been put in that position.

a) I cited Duke as an example that folks should remember because it was a memorable game…not because it was the only game in which he played PG. He played some PG that whole postseason.
b) Santi got most of the minutes, yes. But Mashack filled in some.

The topic was whether he can fill in at PG in small doses when ZZ rests. I was responding to your post that said Mashack has no history of doing so. Specifically, “That being said, I have never seen him demonstrate or put in position to demonstrate PG skills.”

He most certainly has been put in that position.
Like i said above i remember during that period Tyreke Key playing the backup PG minutes. Were there moments when mashack a brough the ball up? Im sure those happened. Now u got me about to pull up some games from that season because yeah its all your fault not like I wanna.

Like i said above i remember during that period Tyreke Key playing the backup PG minutes. Were there moments when mashack a brough the ball up? Im sure those happened. Now u got me about to pull up some games from that season because yeah its all your fault not like I wanna.

Mashack was the primary backup ball handler when ZZ went down. Key mostly played off ball

VN Store

Back