Travis Henry Coming Home?

He would be a great addition backing up Chris Brown and I sure hope the Titans land him, but all indications are that Buffalo wants a third round pick and that is probably more than Floyd Reese is willing to give up. Given his production before Magahee took over someone will surely give a third rounder for him...Maybe the titans can get a deal done before the market really heats up!

Originally posted by 50 cent@May 28, 2005 11:13 AM
do you think we really need him? brown was a really good pick up last year.
[snapback]98766[/snapback]​

SORRY
Brown could be a superstar in the NFL but he has had health issues his entire time in the league and even dating back to College. He missed a lot of his first two years with the titans and now has broken a hand in camp this year

I'd take henry over brown because of the above post also...besides- we could use some more excitement over some titans games!

Originally posted by crazyguy@May 28, 2005 12:29 PM
I'd take henry over brown because of the above post also...besides- we could use some more excitement over some titans games!
[snapback]98841[/snapback]​

At this point in their careers brown has much more upside and playmaking ability IMO. If Henry comes in he will be a backup to Brown. Don't forget Brown was leading the NFL in rushing for a few weeks and stayed in the top three or so until he got hurt again. If I am not mistaken he had 100+ his first three starts in the NFL and in one of those games he only played one half.

Brown cant open his door without injuring himself. He is a brilliant player but he is very injury prone and he cant go a full 4 quarters.

Originally posted by volbrian@May 28, 2005 1:44 PM
Brown cant open his door without  injuring himself.  He is a brilliant player but he is very injury prone and he cant go a full 4 quarters.
[snapback]98878[/snapback]​

Hopefully he can show a little more durability this year...that is if this hand injury heals up like it should.

Originally posted by holdemvol@May 28, 2005 1:50 PM
Hopefully he can show a little more durability this year...that is if this hand injury heals up like it should.
[snapback]98879[/snapback]​

Well, after following football for almost 30 years, I dont see too many players who have been "injury prone" overcome thier injuries.

I say, bring in Travis and let Brown overtake him (which I think he can if he can stay healthy).

I believe Henry could be the top RB for the Titans.

Brown has serious questions about his durability and I believe Travis could be an every-down back.

I think the Bills were fools for bumping McGahee above him. From what I've seen, Travis' numbers were better. It didn't make sense.

Originally posted by volbrian@May 28, 2005 2:20 PM
Well, after following football for almost 30 years, I dont see too many players who have been "injury prone" overcome thier injuries.

I say, bring in Travis and let Brown overtake him (which I think he can if he can stay healthy).
[snapback]98881[/snapback]​

All indications here in Nashville have been that if travis comes in his role will be as a backup to brown and an insurance policy if brown does not hold up. I think Brown at this point is the better back without question, but like you said with his history he has a long way to go to show he can stay healthy for a whole season.

Id Love to see him back in TN!

Bring him in, and let'm duke it out for the job.
If he doesnt win it out right, then he's only a play away from starting.

Originally posted by 50 cent@May 28, 2005 5:47 PM
i want eddie back
:(
[snapback]98917[/snapback]​

Why? The man is way past his time. He played well for you guys a couple years back, now let him go.

IMO, I think the titans would be fools to not give a 3rd or 4th rd pick for Henry. I mean it would shore up there running game w/out question. I mean the titans are paying Antwan Smith like 800 grand/yr. Henry makes 1.25 per. I would think to get a back of Travis Henry's abilities, along with putting a BIG smile on the Tenn fans faces, this is a no brainer. JMO BRING TRAVIS HENRY BACK TO TENNESSEE! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by UTVolsFan28@May 29, 2005 9:49 AM
IMO, I think the titans would be fools to not give a 3rd or 4th rd pick for Henry.  I mean it would shore up there running game w/out question.  I mean the titans are paying Antwan Smith like 800 grand/yr.  Henry makes 1.25 per.  I would think to get a back of Travis Henry's abilities, along with putting a BIG smile on the Tenn fans faces, this is a no brainer.  JMO    BRING TRAVIS HENRY BACK TO TENNESSEE! :thumbsup:
[snapback]99072[/snapback]​

Not to mention they now have plenty of cap room, after basically releasing all of their starters from last year.

I think Travis has proved himself and still has plenty of playing days ahead. He was a recent pro bowler and has shown he can outplay Jamal Lewis. I don't think Brown is as good as some think. Reese and the Titans like to go after talent like Brown and Calico just to name two instead of guys that can really play. I know they need talent, but to me Titans take a lot of projects. Especially at WR.

Originally posted by hillbilly@May 30, 2005 8:42 AM
I think Travis has proved himself and still has plenty of playing days ahead. He was a recent pro bowler and has shown he can outplay Jamal Lewis. I don't think Brown is as good as some think. Reese and the Titans like to go after talent like Brown and Calico just to name two instead of guys that can really play. I know they need talent, but to me Titans take a lot of projects. Especially at WR.
[snapback]99360[/snapback]​

Guys who can really play? Brown was a top back in college and while he has been on the field in the NFL his numbers have been right with the top backs in the NFL. His durability you can question but his ability you can not. Brown is not a "project" he just has health questions. As far as some of others Reese has taken on as "projects" ie Calico....Derrick Mason was a 5th rounder out of college and is now one of the top receivers in the NFL. If I am not mistaken Samari Rolle was a 2nd or 3rd rounder and Drew Bennett was undrafted and he is a rising star... the list could go on and on. My point is that Reese and co. have proven over the years that they have great eyes for talent

Originally posted by holdemvol@May 30, 2005 10:51 AM
Guys who can really play?  Brown was a top back in college and while he has been on the field in the NFL his numbers have been right with the top backs in the NFL.  His durability you can question but his ability you can not.  Brown is not a "project" he just has health questions.  As far as some of others Reese has taken on as "projects" ie Calico....Derrick Mason was a 5th rounder out of college and is now one of the top receivers in the NFL.  If I am not mistaken Samari Rolle was a 2nd or 3rd rounder and Drew Bennett was undrafted and he is a rising star... the list could go on and on.  My point is that Reese and co. have proven over the years that they have great eyes for talent
[snapback]99388[/snapback]​

Im not doubting Browns ability. His first game as starter, last year against the Phins, he had 100 yards by halftime.

But what good does that ability do him (or the Titans) if he spends 2/3 the season on the DL.

Originally posted by volbrian@May 30, 2005 2:02 PM
Im not doubting Browns ability.  His first game as starter, last year against the Phins, he had 100 yards by halftime.

But what good does that ability do him (or the Titans) if he spends 2/3 the season on the DL.
[snapback]99423[/snapback]​

I agree with you on that, and the titans are in bad need of a good #2 back but I think people will be surprised by how dynamic Brown is if he can stay on the field and Calico will really raise some eyebrows this year.(They brought him back too soon last season)

As a Colts fan secondly (Cowboys will always be first to me), I don't want any part of Travis Henry in the AFC South unless it's with the Colts.

I really wish he could go to AZ. I've got a feeling they're really gonna break out this year.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@May 31, 2005 8:03 PM
I really wish he could go to AZ. I've got a feeling they're really gonna break out this year.
[snapback]99848[/snapback]​

It's about time...

VN Store

Back