Trev Alberts

Dagreek1998

:nono: :moon2:

Did anyone watch Sportcenter last night when he gave his top five players to win the heisman? He named five players and then named Gerald Riggs Jr. as a sleeper. I thought "yeah, finally some respect". Nope, he then went on to say that you never know about the play calling in Knoxville. What is this guys problem and what does it take to be a commentator? I think it ranks up there with a wal-mart greater. It just seems that he has a favorite in each conference and he dogs everyone else. I thought ESPN was suppose to report the sports and provide insight, not there own agenda.

Well, to be fair....we complain more then anyone about our play-calling....so in reality he may be correct.

Decided long ago, he's an IDIOT!

Last night on CSS sportsnite/sportstalk? which ever it is? That busted up half A?? bunch, Made some talk about UT and CPF. Everyone plays and no one gets suspended. Anyone else see it?

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 8, 2005 11:15 AM
Well, to be fair....we complain more then anyone about our play-calling....so in reality he may be correct.
[snapback]111282[/snapback]​

I gotta say the same... That was one of the most common complaints around here last season.

both him and mark may get on my nerves. though mark may not as much. at least mark makes sense MOST of the time

IMO, Alberts makes 2x more sense then May.

I just remember May lighting up into Trev for not believing the AU hype in 2003

Was Trev not a high NFL draft pick coming out of college? Nice to see he could not hack it and is now camping out at an ESPN talking idiot. I still think this guy is told what to say and probably does not have any better idea as to what a given team is going to do than the average fan. Once one of his "overrated" teams start winning, he will find someway to get on that bandwagon.

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 8, 2005 2:15 PM
[snapback]111282[/snapback]​

There is a big difference between the fans complaining about the play calling and Trev (knows nothing) Alberts doing it though.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jul 8, 2005 4:10 PM
There is a big difference between the fans complaining about the play calling and Trev (knows nothing) Alberts doing it though.
[snapback]111344[/snapback]​

Why? We talk about firing Sanders all the time yet when someone says its average....it's different?

I guess that the biggest difference is that we like and pull for our team, he doesn't. Kind of like when a close friend calls you a name, it doesn't bother you. When an outsider does it, you are bothered by it.

Well, the point is that we as fans call our coaches on bad playcalling on a regular basis, but when Alberts does it, he's an idiot. It's the double-standard.

If it was my choice I would have Fulmer going back to calling the plays because we've figured out that Randy Sanders has lossed his good playcalling ability a long time ago.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jul 8, 2005 5:31 PM
I guess that the biggest difference is that we like and pull for our team, he doesn't.  Kind of like when a close friend calls you a name, it doesn't bother you.  When an outsider does it, you are bothered by it.
[snapback]111369[/snapback]​

Well I get that....but my point is....for him to say it shouldn't make him an idiot....I think we would all agree that Sanders play calling is kind of "iffy" at times

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 8, 2005 6:43 PM
Well I get that....but my point is....for him to say it shouldn't make him an idiot....I think we would all agree that Sanders play calling is kind of "iffy" at times
[snapback]111374[/snapback]​

While I don't agree with everything Alberts says, there is some stuff that I do agree with. I'm not calling him an idiot, I'm just saying that I don't like him saying negative things about our team.....true or not.

weather hes an idiot or not who cares....you guys will have your chance to prove him wrong...if hes right, he looks pretty smart, if hes wrong, hell be eating crow....dont sweat, its freakin july :yuck:

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 8, 2005 5:59 PM
weather hes an idiot or not who cares....you guys will have your chance to prove him wrong...if hes right, he looks pretty smart, if hes wrong, hell be eating crow....dont sweat, its freakin july :yuck:
[snapback]111377[/snapback]​

Good point. All I can say is that I like it when they talk about our team. And I like him saying we're overrated. In the past few years out best football has been played when people expect us to fail. (as the Gators can attest)

BTW, welcome :wavey: !

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 8, 2005 4:59 PM

thank you :D

im not sure people think the vols are overrated, a majority put them as high as 2 in the country.....9/17/05 will make or break your along with our, season

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 8, 2005 6:59 PM
dont sweat, its freakin july :yuck:

Yes, it's July and that's why we're talking about Alberts instead of football. It's getting closer though. :)

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 8, 2005 5:27 PM
Why? We talk about firing Sanders all the time yet when someone says its average....it's different?
[snapback]111364[/snapback]​

Who here actually wants to fire Sanders?

I find all the criticism of Sanders very off base.

When you look at the head coach/offensive coordinator duos of Fulmer/Cutcliffe-Sanders, you have the winningest HC/OCs over the span of their careers.

Now; how can we possibly complain to that degree?

I really don't know who has called for Sander's head here, but when you consider the winning percentage, it's a little asinine to want to fire the staff that has the best percentage of wins during their tenures.

We can't win 'em all.

Every play won't be a first down or a TD.

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 8, 2005 7:11 PM
[snapback]111384[/snapback]​

Yeah, but could you imagine if every play was a first or touch? ;)

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jul 8, 2005 6:23 PM
Yeah, but could you imagine if every play was a first or touch?  ;)
[snapback]111385[/snapback]​

Someone would find something to complain about.

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 8, 2005 6:11 PM

When you look at the head coach/offensive coordinator duos of Fulmer/Cutcliffe-Sanders, you have the winningest HC/OCs over the span of their careers.

I really don't know who has called for Sander's head here, but when you consider the winning percentage, it's a little asinine to want to fire the staff that has the best percentage of wins during their tenures.

We can't win 'em all.

I am not arguing that...I don't mind Sanders.

But I have read threads before on firing Sanders, including after the 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Thus, it has been talked about on the Vol boards

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 8, 2005 4:11 PM

We can't win 'em all.

I'm okay with Sanders, I wish he was a little better with X's and O's, but he's a great position coach and trains his guys very well. But, from your statement, I take it you haven't read many of the game day threads from last season.

man their is seriously nothing to talk about. who cares what the mags or trev alberts says.

i will tell u a team that really sucks though....and is nothing anymore is trey's alma mater the stupid "corn eaters". bite me trev

VN Store

Back