Trouble.

Volnanza

The wife made an arrangement for us to have dinner at a friends house on Saturday night. I ask her if she had lost her mind. I tend to get rather into the game and am not good at conversation while the game is on. My mind is troubled about this. It's like I would ask some beer drinking buddies over to the house while she is doing a baby shower. This is a BAD omen.

The wife made an arrangement for us to have dinner at a friends house on Saturday night. I ask her if she had lost her mind. I tend to get rather into the game and am not good at conversation while the game is on. My mind is troubled about this. It's like I would ask some beer drinking buddies over to the house while she is doing a baby shower. This is a BAD omen.
Divorce is justified.
and if your Judge is a Vol, you will get the house, the kids, the dog, everything. Plus she will pay you alimony and have to be evaluated by a mental health professional.

Ya never know. Unless you already know and have a solid bead on the host/hostess, enjoy the company. Now, if they ain’t got the game tuned in by kickoff? Skeedaddle. 🤣🤣🤙🏼

Eat about five or six bowls of pinto beans for breakfast and your wife won't be taking you anywhere that evening.

Well I can only speak for myself and I’ve been with my wife for 42 years so she fully understands that football comes absolutely first barring an emergency.

Years ago her friend got married on Alabama game day. I said oh well you’re going my yourself I’m not going and I did not go. Still not sorry!

If you wife knows at all how much you love UT football then I’d say sorry you should have checked with me first and you should know to never ever plan anything on Saturdays in the fall. That’s what bye weeks are for.

For God’s sake it’s just a dinner. You can have a dinner any other night not on Saturday in the fall. But UT at Oklahoma does not come around often so it’s really not a tough decision. I’d tell her you’re watching the game and she can enjoy dinner with her friends. I say her friends because if they were your friends I’m sure they’d know you are watching the game.

Well I can only speak for myself and I’ve been with my wife for 42 years so she fully understands that football comes absolutely first barring an emergency.

Years ago her friend got married on Alabama game day. I said oh well you’re going my yourself I’m not going and I did not go. Still not sorry!

If you wife knows at all how much you love UT football then I’d say sorry you should have checked with me first and you should know to never ever plan anything on Saturdays in the fall. That’s what bye weeks are for.

For God’s sake it’s just a dinner. You can have a dinner any other night not on Saturday in the fall. But UT at Oklahoma does not come around often so it’s really not a tough decision. I’d tell her you’re watching the game and she can enjoy dinner with her friends. I say her friends because if they were your friends I’m sure they’d know you are watching the game.
I mean, who gets married during football season anyway? All those anniversaries will just get in the way.

I think it's more along the lines of the devil tempting her and the devil won. You better get her to the alter Sunday morning. hehehe

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Fortunately, you have options. Here's what I recommend.

1. Set the game to record.
2. Text your buddies and alert them of your situation. Instruct them to send *NO SPOILERS*.
3. Explain to your wife she has unknowingly put you in a difficult situation and propose a compromise. For example, "Honey, I will gladly go to the gathering. I'll even shave and wear whatever shirt you want me to. But would it be too much to ask for us to leave by about 8:30 so I don't miss the entire game?"

If she agrees to these terms, you should be able to catch up with the live game midway through the 3rd quarter. Just skip through commercials and skip ahead 15 seconds between plays while we are on DEFENSE *do not attempt the skip ahead strategy while we are on offense*.

Keep your head up and be on your best behavior today and tomorrow. This will likely earn you some favor in the eyes of your bride. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor. We'll be thinking of you.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You can come to my house. We always have room for one more VFL. lol

In these scenarios I'm sometimes a fan of malicious compliance. Make it clear that if you have to come, then the game has to come too. Keep the game on the phone at all times. Wear bluetooth earphones so you can hear the game without disturbing the oh-so-important dinner, and when you remove them to hear someone, take out only one and leave the other in. When people try to speak to you, say "excuse me" and hold up one finger to ask for a moment while you listen to some important thing that's being said on the broadcast. Randomly interject stats or play commentary into the conversation. "That's Sampson's third touchdown tonight, he's on pace to set a record." "Pearce got his second sack of the year!" "These targeting reviews are the stupidest thing they've done to football."

And of course, when listening to the pep band after a UT touchdown, be sure to nod your head in time with the band, and give your best and loudest "WOOOO" to the room when the wooo comes 'round.

head on a swivel

In these scenarios I'm sometimes a fan of malicious compliance. Make it clear that if you have to come, then the game has to come too. Keep the game on the phone at all times. Wear bluetooth earphones so you can hear the game without disturbing the oh-so-important dinner, and when you remove them to hear someone, take out only one and leave the other in. When people try to speak to you, say "excuse me" and hold up one finger to ask for a moment while you listen to some important thing that's being said on the broadcast. Randomly interject stats or play commentary into the conversation. "That's Sampson's third touchdown tonight, he's on pace to set a record." "Pearce got his second sack of the year!" "These targeting reviews are the stupidest thing they've done to football."

And of course, when listening to the pep band after a UT touchdown, be sure to nod your head in time with the band, and give your best and loudest "WOOOO" to the room when the wooo comes 'round.
*apparently never married unless divorced (numerous times) 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back