Troy Aikman Wishes He Had Come To Tennessee

.....and before Jerry Jones ran the on field success into the ground.

Aikman is thinking about the talent we had at receiver and the pro style offense. It's hard to believe we had that terrible season after the Sugar Bowl with the local Knoxville personality getting on top of the water tower if I remember it correctly.
It was in Nashville. Guy's name was Duncan, I think

Reactions: BreatheUT
Good question, and I think he might have gone with Aikman. He was a bona fide talent, so unless Aikman breaks his ankle or something Francis probably doesn't see the field. I'm not knocking Francis - he was great. But Aikman would have had a year more in the system and he would have been hard to beat. In 1987 I don't think juniors could declare early. That didn't happen until a couple of years after that.

No way Jeff Francis would have beat out Troy Aikman. No way, no how.

Now the question of a senior Dickey versus a frosh Aikman is a good one. Similar to Helton starting over Manning IMO. Back then, we didn’t see many frosh QBs on the field.

guy who invented the internet and who started global warming.
That was man-bear-pig.
My wife is 9 years younger than me (I’m 40 she’s 31)
Your wife a Vol fan to? I've got a soft spot and a level of admiration for our fans too young to appreciate the 90's. I'm 47, slightly longer in the tooth than you. I was 13 when the 90's started and didn't realize the Vols were spoiling me my teen years. I just assumed ranked Top 10, 10 wins, and a marquee bowl game was part of my birthright. Mid 20's was an adjustment of sorts.

VN Store

Back