• Did Not Meet Expectations - Lean Right

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Exceeded Expectations - Lean Left

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Did Not Meet Expectations - Lean Left

Votes: 31 17.8%

• Total voters

SamRebel35

Looking back on Trump's first (and as of 4:38 on 11/4/20, likely his only) term, how did he perform compared to your expectations the day after his election in 2016? And in what ways? I was very surprised and pleased with the economy under his leadership. Also very surprised and pleased with the peace deals and no new wars. He is the least aggressive president in terms of conflict in my lifetime. Tax breaks were great. Hope they will survive the Biden admin (wish in one hand...) I'm including party affiliation just to see if he won anyone over.

If that's your take, so be it. But i think DJT provided the timbers and the nails to the media.
Some of them for sure, but when over 90% of everything being reported about him is negative..... it’s a never ending hit job. don’t forget everyone else got one scoop of ice cream, but Trump got two

Some of them for sure, but when over 90% of everything being reported about him is negative..... it’s a never ending hit job. don’t forget everyone else got one scoop of ice cream, but Trump got two
Meh. I think the attributes which made him so much money and brought him to the WH were the same ones which were used to tear him apart.

I chose did not meet expectations (leans left ) purely because I knew OHvol40 would choose exceeded expectations with a snide remark and I wanted to cancel his vote out . 😊

Dude was in debt coming in by all accounts, his cult followers were conned by one of the best which I will give him credit for
I don't understand the point you're attempting to make. He was (is) in debt. So am I...as are most homeowners paying a mortgage. But also like him, my net worth is in the black and not the red.

He was crucified daily by the liberal media and that’s what did him in.

I would actually say his battle with the liberal media benefitted him. It's a yuge reason he won in the first place. Everybody knew the media was a joke, he wasn't telling anybody anything they didn't know. He was the first politician to put it in such plain terms. The media attacked Trump to their own detriment and many took up for and sided with him because of it. In fall of 2015 my sister prophesied that the media dismissal of Trump was going to legitimize him, so I'm not just playing the results.

So maybe the media is what ended him but I believe it's also a big part of what made him.

I don't understand the point you're attempting to make. He was (is) in debt. So am I...as are most homeowners paying a mortgage. But also like him, my net worth is in the black and not the red.
Pretty sure he has way more debt than you and his lenders are on the brink of seizing his assets because he can't pay his bills. Maybe that's you as well, but you seem 1000 times more responsible than Trump.

Pretty sure he has way more debt than you and his lenders are on the brink of seizing his assets because he can't pay his bills. Maybe that's you as well, but you seem 1000 times more responsible than Trump.
I am sure he has more debt. I am not sure he has a higher debt to income ratio or larger debts relative to assets. Total debt is important. Relative debt is more importaner.
I will be surprised if his assets are seized. He's been deft at restructuring in the past. It's likely he will restructure his debt if his lender "forecloses".

Reactions: hog88
I have way more money now than I did when he was elected. No new wars were started. Liberals were miserable and on the precipice of ending their carbon footprint. Packed the federal courts and got 3 Supreme Court justices in. Covid helped reduce the need for wall expansion. Exceeded expectations!

I have way more money now than I did when he was elected. No new wars were started. Liberals were miserable and on the precipice of ending their carbon footprint. Packed the federal courts and got 3 Supreme Court justices in. Covid helped reduce the need for wall expansion. Exceeded expectations!

I really liked those as well.

I am sure he has more debt. I am not sure he has a higher debt to income ratio or larger debts relative to assets. Total debt is important. Relative debt is more importaner.
I will be surprised if his assets are seized. He's been deft at restructuring in the past. It's likely he will restructure his debt if his lender "forecloses".
I have like zero debt, and several assets. Am I doing okay?

I would actually say his battle with the liberal media benefitted him. It's a yuge reason he won in the first place. Everybody knew the media was a joke, he wasn't telling anybody anything they didn't know. He was the first politician to put it in such plain terms. The media attacked Trump to their own detriment and many took up for and sided with him because of it. In fall of 2015 my sister prophesied that the media dismissal of Trump was going to legitimize him, so I'm not just playing the results.

So maybe the media is what ended him but I believe it's also a big part of what made him.
After talking to several people that don’t keep up with the details of current events and etc. I realized they only hear tidbits of stories, but buy into them. My sister argued with me about the Proud Boys being a white supremacy organization and thought I was lying and crazy when I told her their leader was Afro Cuban. I think this is an example more true of women than men and suburban women voted in droves for Biden.

Did not meet my expectations by a large margin.

VN Store

Back