Tv/radio on James Pearce

Hopefully it motivates him. He will have to beat some double teams this year to make a big impact.

Chattanooga gambled on passing plays that they could get completions within a very short amount of time. On nearly every passing play, they cut block the defensive line, which opens up the passing lanes but limits you to short passes, since your blockers are on the ground and not able to give you 4-5 seconds to find somebody downfield. It largely worked for keeping Artopoeus healthy but didn’t do much for their offense — their longest drive in the first half was 22 yards. Our opponents aren’t going to be able to stick with that strategy in competitive games.
Chattanooga has a shot at winning their conference and their QB might be the top QB in the Southern Conference at the end of the season. No way were they going to jeopardize him or their season by running anything that required the QB to sit in the pocket for more than a second or so. And once we got up they just wanted to finish the game without injuries - so they ran the ball even though they were down 30 points in the second quarter.

I was talking to a young man this morning at the gym. He was an OL on last years Mocs team. He just graduated in the spring so he attended all the spring practices and is in touch with his friends on the team. He said two starters on the OL for the Mocs didn’t play yesterday because they got banged up in fall practice. He wasn’t saying it made a difference in the game because like most schools they rotate along the OL (except the center) but it did hurt their depth. They were there for the money and for their players to get the chance to play in one of the most awesome game day atmospheres in all of college football.

This guy is a good young man on his way to graduate school. I asked him about how it felt to basically be the sacrificial lamb and he said it was a great Experience. I live in Alabama and he played HS football near me. He said he got to play in Bryan-Denny Stadium in Nick Saban’s last home game at Alabama. And when he tells people that story he doesn’t tell them he was playing for Chattanooga unless they ask. 😂

I mean ideally he shows up in big games, because in big games the opponent doesn’t have the luxury of double and triple teaming him because of the other dudes we got across the line.

When it’s 21-21 going into the 4th quarter and West has two sacks and Arion is ripping through the line making TFL’s they can’t keep doubling Pearce. Dude will make his plays then. Re watch the Iowa game and see when he started blowing stuff up. Back to back huge plays in the 3rd Q after they got tired/stopped doubling him as much

He only played 10 snaps yesterday.

I think the staff was holding him back to give the subs some looks.
More like not risking your best player in a game that's already in hand with cut blocking linemen going for his knees. Chattanooga was calling plays to protect their QB and season as well as knowing they're losing. NC State will have to do traditional drops if they want to try to win and that's where Pearce will eat.

More like not risking your best player in a game that's already in hand with cut blocking linemen going for his knees. Chattanooga was calling plays to protect their QB and season as well as knowing they're losing. NC State will have to do traditional drops if they want to try to win and that's where Pearce will eat.
I don’t think we ran anything exotic at all on dline either. Just didn’t need to. Versus better competition they will find ways to make him a problem. West will slide inside on obvious third and longs and you’ll see Ross or Joseph’s on the outside opposite Pearce. Garner just has so many dlinemen to use this year it’s going to be tough on people.

The cut blocking I’m guessing had a big part of limiting his plays, as stated earlier.

Chattanooga has a shot at winning their conference and their QB might be the top QB in the Southern Conference at the end of the season. No way were they going to jeopardize him or their season by running anything that required the QB to sit in the pocket for more than a second or so. And once we got up they just wanted to finish the game without injuries - so they ran the ball even though they were down 30 points in the second quarter.

I was talking to a young man this morning at the gym. He was an OL on last years Mocs team. He just graduated in the spring so he attended all the spring practices and is in touch with his friends on the team. He said two starters on the OL for the Mocs didn’t play yesterday because they got banged up in fall practice. He wasn’t saying it made a difference in the game because like most schools they rotate along the OL (except the center) but it did hurt their depth. They were there for the money and for their players to get the chance to play in one of the most awesome game day atmospheres in all of college football.

This guy is a good young man on his way to graduate school. I asked him about how it felt to basically be the sacrificial lamb and he said it was a great Experience. I live in Alabama and he played HS football near me. He said he got to play in Bryan-Denny Stadium in Nick Saban’s last home game at Alabama. And when he tells people that story he doesn’t tell them he was playing for Chattanooga unless they ask. 😂
I’m sure Tenn. opened the play book. Live in Alabama you say?

I don’t think we ran anything exotic at all on dline either. Just didn’t need to. Versus better competition they will find ways to make him a problem. West will slide inside on obvious third and longs and you’ll see Ross or Joseph’s on the outside opposite Pearce. Garner just has so many dlinemen to use this year it’s going to be tough on people.
Id hold up on Ross. Herring would be the other guy not named Josephs in my opinion.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
They were all over him about his lack of results non the field.

I counter that he helped the rest of the dline when he was getting, at least two, players dealing with him.

😂😂😂 Yeah, like the UTC game was going to define his career. It was obvious JPJ played sparsely due to the competition. Anyone with half a brain should realize this.

Reactions: StuckInBamaVol
What’s left of Knoxville News sentinel has an article up on this very topic.I couldn’t read because I’m not a subscriber.

We didn't. It was very vanilla.

Jalen McMurray played the most with 32 snaps, and that was because of injuries at cornerback. No defensive linemen played more than 20 snaps. There were 47 UT players who got into the game on defense.

Star LEO James Pearce Jr played only 10 snaps where he earned a 60.1 grade. Expect a much larger workload next week in Charlotte.
10 snaps is crazy. Hopefully we get a big lead this week too and can pull starters before the 4th quarter.

This game was further prove FCS games should be preseason

VN Store

Back