Two CBS Predictors Pick UT to beat the spread

At -27.5 i'd put some money on Tennessee.

UT is a +3000 on the money line.

If you were in Vegas, and had $100 to bet, would you put it on the Vols to cover and walk away with $190 or bet the Vols on the money line and bank $3100?

UT is a +3000 on the money line.

If you were in Vegas, and had $100 to bet, would you put it on the Vols to cover and walk away with $190 or bet the Vols on the money line and bank $3100?

So does that mean if the vols win straight up you get 3100 if you agree to the money line? Or if you only bet that they cover you get 190? I would just bet that they stayed within the 27.5 points. However it would be an intriguing proposition to take the money line if that's the way it works.:question:

Wow. I could for one could not want more than to have Coach Jones take us into this battle. I thought he was amazing how he worked the sidelines when he played us with the Cats. I predict he will be amazing in Autzin Stadium.

Cous Jonesin for some football

So does that mean if the vols win straight up you get 3100 if you agree to the money line? Or if you only bet that they cover you get 190? I would just bet that they stayed within the 27.5 points. However it would be an intriguing proposition to take the money line if that's the way it works.:question:

That's exactly how it works. The money line is simply W/L. To counter the +3000 for UT, you would have to put up $7200 on Oregon to win $100.

That is a huge disparity in Vegas.

I swear I never thought I would see the day when I was worried if TN would cover a spread in a loss. I got to really thinking about it when I was watching some of my old TN games on tape and realized how far we really have dropped in talent and having players who gave it there all for TN. I really do think that BJ is the man for the job. We just got to be patient and give him a couple of seasons to get the type of players he wants to run his system.

Honestly if we lose at all I won't be happy. Don't give a damn if we lose by 3 or 28. Go, win!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Tennessee loses by 24, I can't imagine finding any solace in realizing they covered the spread.

Put your money on the spread and it will SLIGHTLY help otherwise we produce a solid whiskey in this state.

I was seething at one commentor who placed the Vol helmet on the floor. :realmad:

Please, no moral victories. They don't show up in the win column and does the team no good.
GO VOLS! BEAT THE DUCKS!!

Please, no moral victories. They don't show up in the win column and does the team no good.
GO VOLS! BEAT THE DUCKS!!
I disagree completely. Oregon is going to embarrass almost every team they play this year. Losing without getting humiliated would be quite a victory for a Vol team with new coaches, a bunch of new players, and a green QB.

On the road, outclassed at most positions, it would be very easy to see this game going the way Oregon's game with UVA did last week.

I know they can't say it, but playing Oregon respectably would give the team a lot of confidence when they start facing tougher SEC teams.

Are the same people who claimed the spread didn't matter after the Austin Peay game going to claim a moral victory if we beat the spread against Oregon?

Moral victory or not, I just hope they show more mental fortitude than they did last year...they SHOULD beat this spread! Dont quit, Vols! GBO!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if Tennessee loses by 24, I can't imagine finding any solace in realizing they covered the spread.

Oh really, How about if you just dropped a large sum for the Vols to cover the Spread... Well, your right, just take the Odds and bet the house for the Vols to win outright.

I'm sure that this has already been discussed in one of the 58 other threads created on the spread but does anyone know what the spread was for the game when Oregon came to Neyland?

VN Store

Back