TX AG Impeached by State House

The guy is a Democrat who was arguing there was no due process in the impeachment. Which party holds the majority does not matter if there was no due process.
And he’s wrong. Just as in the Federal House the impeachment is the indictment. The senate trial is the opportunity for defense. Paxton is a lawyer and he knows this yet he still puts out these pleas he know are procedurally incorrect.

Oh and the party split absolutely matters. A majority of republicans voted to impeach. That’s a clue right there.

IMG_3482.jpeg

Reactions: BowlBrother85
And he’s wrong. Just as in the Federal House the impeachment is the indictment. The senate trial is the opportunity for defense. Paxton is a lawyer and he knows this yet he still puts out these pleas he know are procedurally incorrect.
^^^^ Correct ^^^^

To argue that due process hasn't been followed before the Senate trial has even started is ignorant of what due process involves. Ken Paxton has not been convicted of anything yet. It makes no sense to contend that he hasn't been accorded due process. Democratic Texas State Rep. Harold Dutton needs a crash course in the law. He looks like an idiot.

Reactions: AM64
What’s impressive about it? Sounds like a normal scum bag that resides in Washington DC. This type of thing happens all the time. It just rarely gets reported or acted on.
It's unique from the standpoint that this guy's own party has taken a stand against him ... which was the only way there would ever be meaningful consequences for him politically.

This impeachment is noteworthy for taking place in a partisan state - during a politically tribal era in government.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
From what I am hearing/seeing, Paxton was not allowed to defend himself in answering the charges made against him.
The impeachment process resembles a grand jury inquest. It is conducted by the House, and if that results in an impeachment, then it is followed by a trial in the Senate ... where a conviction means removal from office. Being impeached is similar to being indicted.

There is no specific right for a defendant or defense counsel to take part in the proceeding. The primary role of a defense attorney during the impeachment phase is to file motions to dismiss.

It is during the trial in the Senate where the defense makes their case. Ken Paxton has not been convicted of anything yet. He has essentially just been indicted.

Last edited:
From what I am hearing/seeing, Paxton was not allowed to defend himself in answering the charges made against him.
That is what the trial is for. Just as the federal congress the house acts as grand jury. They are not obligated to interview Paxton however I’m pretty sure that over the last 8+ years this has been going on they have requested interviews with him. His protests at this point ring pretty damn hollow.

Don’t fret over Paxton he’s a slimeball and not worth it. The AG OFFICE will remain in GOP hands and their policies will continue uninterrupted. I’m hoping Abbott appoints Eva Guzman who I voted for in the primary.

Last edited:
Just heard on local news that the senate has adopted a resolution to begin the trial no later than Aug 28th. So they’re not in any hurry to get onto this since the regular session ended yesterday and they’ve already got a fairly full docket to resolve left over from that.

This freak show continues in the Senate tomorrow. 20 counts total, 4 set aside for now dealing with his federal securities case, and 16 left of which they only have to convict on one to remove him. I can’t see how he survives this with the mountain of documents and information related to his relationship with Nate Paul but this is Texas politics always expect the unexpected

Reactions: Sudden Impact
LMAO never underestimate Texas politics and politicians to contort fairly clear situations.😂 While the voting on all articles continues once I saw he was acquitted on the whistleblower related counts it was clear to me he’s gonna skate.

Reactions: AM64
LMAO never underestimate Texas politics and politicians to contort fairly clear situations.😂 While the voting on all articles continues once I saw he was acquitted on the whistleblower related counts it was clear to me he’s gonna skate.

and so ends the RINO Republicuck GOPe Bushy attempted coup.

and so ends the RINO Republicuck GOPe Bushy attempted coup.

Paxton is absolute corrupt trash but if he gets it done for you good for you.😂 I’d prefer to have a Republican AG that wasn’t as stupid and blatant. There was never any chance of the office going Democrat

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back