UAB/Arizona

volinbham

VN GURU
UAB up 10 at the half over Arizona at Arizona.

The Blazers lack a big man this year but Robert Vaden can light it up. Hope they hold on for the W.

Regardless of tonight's outcome, the party is over in Tucson. The Wildcats are about to enter an era of darkness.

The crowd is weak - lots of empty seats. Not sure if that's normal for this time of year but I doubt it.

And just when you think it can't get any dumber, it does. Wow. hat, I don't feel anywhere near as idiotic after that High Point thing now, at least I am not Horne.

Last edited:
The Russ Pennell Era is off to a roaring start. Kevin O'Neill and Josh Pastner have to be guffhawing.

The Russ Pennell Era is off to a roaring start. Kevin O'Neill and Josh Pastner have to be guffhawing.

I can't imagine the things that O'Neill would say after that. Of course, I don't think O'Neill would have let that happen.

turned it on as soon as the game went off...what happened?

Arizona tied the game with a little over 20 seconds left, and Kyle Fogg immediately fouled the closest UAB player after the inbounds pass. The UAB player missed the front end of a one and one. Arizona missed a shot on the other end and UAB got the ball with almost no time left, as the player is racing the ball upcourt Jamelle Horne fouls hims and gets called for the intentional, in a tie game. Amazing.

Come to think of it, Russ Pennell pretty much is a guy off the street.

Good call.

No matter what kind of stupid crap happens the rest of the basketball season, NCAABB players everywhere can go to bed thinking "At least I am not Jamelle Horne or Kyle Fogg"

quick question hat...what do you think of Vitale?
I wish, for one season, he'd drop the schtick and just provide analysis. It's sad that the guy's immense basketball knowledge gets obscured by all of the histrionics.

VN Store

Back