UAB/Arizona

Mike Anderson had alot better teams than the one Davis has right now. As far as next year goes it will hurt losing Vaden but if Cousins and Davis stay they could have a nice little team.

Mike Anderson had alot better teams than the one Davis has right now. As far as next year goes it will hurt losing Vaden but if Cousins and Davis stay they could have a nice little team.
They'll still be coached by Mike Davis.

exactly, i heard some Bammer fans saying they want CMG out so they can hire Davis. I wish they would do something like that.
That would be perfectly symmetrical. They'd have the best football coach in the SEC on the same campus as the worst hoops mentor in the league.

No team coached by Mike Davis can ever remotely be considered scary.

Once they get cousins to sign that will be followed by 2 more high profile juco players....then one of the indiana transfers will be eligible to play next year....why don't you like MD he lead IU to the final four when no one saw that coming

Once they get cousins to sign that will be followed by 2 more high profile juco players....then one of the indiana transfers will be eligible to play next year....why don't you like MD he lead IU to the final four when no one saw that coming

he's a sucky coach

he's a sucky coach

I know it's not the 40 mins of hell that mike anderson had going and the fans excited in Bartow but the thing is Mike Davis is winning thats all that matters...on another note how dumb does AU look for not hiring Mike Anderson when he wanted the job and they took Lebo

Once they get cousins to sign that will be followed by 2 more high profile juco players....then one of the indiana transfers will be eligible to play next year.
Which means they would be a team with good talent and an incompetent coach.

The irony is that MD is recruiting great talent but MA was the better coach. If somehow they could be combined, UAB would be formidable. As it stands, MD doesn't impress me other than his ability to get talent in the door.

I'd take the MA approach of scrapping out wins with a system and lesser talent than the MD approach of better talent but a less effective system.

The irony is that MD is recruiting great talent but MA was the better coach. If somehow they could be combined, UAB would be formidable. As it stands, MD doesn't impress me other than his ability to get talent in the door.

I'd take the MA approach of scrapping out wins with a system and lesser talent than the MD approach of better talent but a less effective system.
It's a stretch to call the strategical mishmash Davis purveys a "system."

It's a stretch to call the strategical mishmash Davis purveys a "system."

All I can say is that in watching it for several years - it works. The talent he had at UAB was pitiful and he coached them into NCAA bids with wins over Kentucky, Washington, LSU and regular season wins over #1 Memphis and ranked Cincinati (Huggins-era).

Not sure if he'll make it at Mizzou but I'd love to see him back at UAB.

It's been proven,

you can have pretty good success with lots of talent, even with average to poor coaching...

If you've got the horses, you can win

All I can say is that in watching it for several years - it works. The talent he had at UAB was pitiful and he coached them into NCAA bids with wins over Kentucky, Washington, LSU and regular season wins over #1 Memphis and ranked Cincinati (Huggins-era).

Not sure if he'll make it at Mizzou but I'd love to see him back at UAB.
Reread my post. I was talking about Mike Davis.

VN Store

Back