UFC 134 - August 27 @ 9PM ET

And with good reason. Okami was pathetic in round 2. All Spider!

Okami appears to be made of glass.

Silva could move up IMO and fight bigger fighters.
GSP is not going to move up, and Silva would have trouble dropping to 170.

Silva always amazes me with how easy he makes it look. I don't know if there's anyone left to put in there with him

Pretty much. I don't know if he's that good or if the division is that mediocre. Obviously he's good but the division doesn't seem to be anything special imo. The Light Heavyweights and Welterweights are deeper. Would love to see Shogun drop to Middleweight. Or better yet, GSP move up to Middleweight.

We need a Shogun/Bones rematch and we just need to see Silva/GSP.

Bones might dominate Shogun again but I'd like to see Shogun fight him not coming off an injury and or hiatus. Not to mention, Shogun is now 3-0 in rematches and won all of them by knock out. That speaks for itself. The rematch at this point may be inevitable. Rua is in line for a title shot. If Rashad Evans gets the title fight over him, especially if Rampage wins(don't that happening) that would be horrible.

And Silva vs. GSP would just be awesome. Unless Silva wants to move up(Idk why he would since his division sucks), St. Pierre should. He's dominated his division and his division is filled with quality opponents. He needs a new challenge and Silva is it. I think he can take Silva personally.

Silva could move up IMO and fight bigger fighters.
GSP is not going to move up, and Silva would have trouble dropping to 170.

Somethings gotta give. Middleweight division is pretty crappy. Silva would most likely get smashed if he moves up and when you're at the top of your division, moving down doesn't make sense. I wish GSP would move up. He's already cleaned house in a quality division.

Griffin wouldn't be much of a threat to Silva but there is no way he goes unscathed through a field of Bones, Rampage, Shogun, Rashad, and Machida. I think he'd be lucky to go 2-3. 3-2 would seem like a miracle.

I guess I'd just have to see it. I feel like that's a lot better competition than he has faced. Not to mention they're obviously packing more power.

Somethings gotta give. Middleweight division is pretty crappy. Silva would most likely get smashed if he moves up and when you're at the top of your division, moving down doesn't make sense. I wish GSP would move up. He's already cleaned house in a quality division.

I don't think he would necessarily get smashed. Like I already said he has beat forrest and irwin at 205. It wouldn't be the cakewalk he is having now in middleweight tho. I think I would rather see him go up than drop and fight pierre. I don't know how they would matchup size-wise.

And, IMO, Jon Jones beats Silva. Yeah Silva's on an amazing streak, but he hasn't beat anybody that I thought would give Jones trouble. There is no way Silva does to Rua what Jones did.

Dana has come out and said that a Silva vs GSP fight is starting to make more sense. I would be extremely shocked if GSP could even go the distance against him.

I also think that Anderson would be a bigger threat to Jon Jones than anyone currently at 205. If they made Jones cut weight and fight at a catchweight (195 maybe), I would like Anderson's chances a whole lot. I have said for 2 years that Anderson should move to the LHW division permanently.

If I'm Dana White, I give Silva an immediate title shot at 205 if he would be willing to vacate his title at 185.

GSP gives up too much of reach to fight Silva IMO.
But with Silva's height he could go up to 205.
I would let him fight for the title at 205 and keep the 185.
No reason he couldnt have two titles if he doesn't lose.
He may have to fight more often then he wants.
When I've heard him speak, he talks a lot about retiring early.

GSP gives up too much of reach to fight Silva IMO.
But with Silva's height he could go up to 205.
I would let him fight for the title at 205 and keep the 185.
No reason he couldnt have two titles if he doesn't lose.
He may have to fight more often then he wants.
When I've heard him speak, he talks a lot about retiring early.

I agree. GSP going up to 185 lbs doesn't make any sense. He doesn't have the frame to support enough weight to fight in that division. He's only 5' 9" and his walking around weight would have to be a fairly lean 195-200, and that ain't happening. This ain't boxing where divisions are separated by 5 lbs. Only certain frames are cut out for jumping from class to class.

I agree. GSP going up to 185 lbs doesn't make any sense. He doesn't have the frame to support enough weight to fight in that division. He's only 5' 9" and his walking around weight would have to be a fairly lean 195-200, and that ain't happening. This ain't boxing where divisions are separated by 5 lbs. Only certain frames are cut out for jumping from class to class.

Good point. Anderson, however, can move up to 205 permanently and not skip a beat. I think he should do this if he wants to cement his legacy as the best ever.

Good point. Anderson, however, can move up to 205 permanently and not skip a beat. I think he should do this if he wants to cement his legacy as the best ever.

He can easily make the jump. It's not ideal, but if he is the best he should be able to do it.

VN Store

Back