UFC 145 - April 21st @ 10PM ET

Definitely Bones' toughest challenge to date, but I never felt he was in any real danger. He may make the move to HW in the near future. There's no one at 205 that can challenge him.

Definitely Bones' toughest challenge to date, but I never felt he was in any real danger. He may make the move to HW in the near future. There's no one at 205 that can challenge him.

Dan Henderson should be next. He has a shot to beat Jones. One H-Bomb is all it would take.

Jones may have to step up to heavyweight if no real challengers emerge at 205. Unless Anderson steps up to fight at 205 which would be the best in years in the UFC.

Wouldn't be a close fight. Need to find a way for silva and Jones to meet. Maybe 190+?

Silva already fought Forest Griffith at 205, why would he need to fight him at 190? He's already proven he's willing to fight at 205. He'd earn the title at 205, at 190 there is nothing on the line.

Last edited:
Silva already fought Forest Griffith at 205, why would he need to fight him at 190? He's already proven he's willing to fight at 205. He'd earn the title at 205, at 190 there is nothing on the line.

Didn't know he had already fought there. Thought he was @ 185 for some reason.

Didn't know he had already fought there. Thought he was @ 185 for some reason.

He is at 185 but he has had two fights at 205. He dominated both of them. His fight at 205 against Forrest is actually my favorite fight of all time. He knocked him out walking backwards. I would love to see Anderson and Jones fight but both of them have already said it probably wont happen.

He is at 185 but he has had two fights at 205. He dominated both of them. His fight at 205 against Forrest is actually my favorite fight of all time. He knocked him out walking backwards. I would love to see Anderson and Jones fight but both of them have already said it probably wont happen.
why not happen?are they both scared? An old quote "Why not go out on a limb,Thats where the fruit is!

UFC 145

UFC 145

Accidentally posted the link for prelims the first time. Both of those links are full versions of the ppv.

Last edited:
why not happen?are they both scared? An old quote "Why not go out on a limb,Thats where the fruit is!

I agree with you Tiger. However Jones has said that he views Silva as a mentor and would rather be coached by Silva after he retires. :frown::shakehead:

The only other possibility besides Henderson at 205 for Jones is Alexander Gustaffson, and he's good but not ready yet. Jones will have this division cleared out by the end of the year. Then it's either a move to HW or a superfight with Anderson Silva.

Those standing elbows were vicious. Jones comes up with something new every fight, seems like. Something unorthodox and effective. Like when he used straight shin kicks against Rua.

VN Store

Back