UFC 168-Dec 28th @ 10:00pm

Yep. I don't see how anyone doubts Weidman now.

Depends on what you mean...

People thought Silva could beat Jon Jones.

I'm 100% certain that Jon Jones would f him up.

Weidman is the champion of his weight class. I don't need to hear talk of him in a super fight with Jon Jones though the way Silva earned it(which I never believed).

Silva could beat GSP. He absolutely could not beat Jones, and neither could Weidman.

UFC really is falling in place for a new era...

GSP, gone.

Silva, gone.

Jones... he's the biggest loser. He can either Silva it and just beat up on the same people... or he can go get his ass beat by heavyweights.

UFC really is falling in place for a new era...

GSP, gone.

Silva, gone.

Jones... he's the biggest loser. He can either Silva it and just beat up on the same people... or he can go get his ass beat by heavyweights.

I agree, but Jones looked human against Gustafsson and I think Glover can challenge him, too. Bones doesn't have that heir of invincibility right now he's had in the past. I honestly think Cain will be the most dominant champ for the foreseeable future.

Ariel Helwani tweeted a little while ago that you could hear Anderson screaming backstage. Dana also just said he's already in surgery.

Horrible way to see the GOAT go out. Weidman was winning obviously, still sucks for him cause we will never know what would have happened, a lot of fans will still doubt. That being said, Machida will be the champ in a year. Jones got beat by Gustaffson IMO Cain has fought 2 of the top 5-6 guys IMO. GSP is a weirdo. Pettis is the most well rounded fighter I have seen, in the toughest weight class though.

I picked Weidman but my reasoning had to do with the first fight. Most people don't realize Weidman has a longer reach than Silva. I believe all other opponents had shorter which allowed him to be able to hit Silva at distance. The main reason for Silva losing both though is wrestling. In the first fight Silva gets taken down and Weidman lands quite a few hard shots on the ground. After they get back up is when you see all the clowning but it's to keep his hands down to protect against the shot. Thus the knockout. In this fight...knocked down, pounded, got to throw leg kicks to slow Weidman and lower punching power, Weidman checks the kick exactly how you are taught to in muay Thai and another Weidman victory. He just matches up excellent against Silva

Horrible way to see the GOAT go out. Weidman was winning obviously, still sucks for him cause we will never know what would have happened, a lot of fans will still doubt. That being said, Machida will be the champ in a year. Jones got beat by Gustaffson IMO Cain has fought 2 of the top 5-6 guys IMO. GSP is a weirdo. Pettis is the most well rounded fighter I have seen, in the toughest weight class though.

Uh I don't remember posting this

Reactions: 1 person
All the Rousey fans say Tate disrespected Rousey's Mom and acted like it justified all her behavior, but I've tried to Google it and couldn't find the comments. Anybody know what Tate said?

All the Rousey fans say Tate disrespected Rousey's Mom and acted like it justified all her behavior, but I've tried to Google it and couldn't find the comments. Anybody know what Tate said?

...nah. Rousey really seems to actually dislike Tate though.

None of that boxing "let's hug after we spent the week cursing each other out to sell the fight" bs. I can appreciate that.

...nah. Rousey really seems to actually dislike Tate though.

None of that boxing "let's hug after we spent the week cursing each other out to sell the fight" bs. I can appreciate that.

Except for it's a sport, specifically martial arts. Just about anything is fair game leading up to a fight because you are trying to attack your opponent's mental focus. Nobody hated anybody more than Shamrock hated Tito Ortiz, but he still shook his hand and praised him after their final fight (and Ken was embarrassed in that bout). Nothing worse than a sore winner.

VN Store

Back