UFC on Fox: January 28th @ 8PM ET

Also, UFC did nothing to add fans who never buy their 1-2 ppv's a month or watch UFC at all. The first two fights were closer to draws. If I had never watched MMA before, I wouldn't look at this as something I'd spend 50-100 dollars a month on.

I agree, they're gonna have to do something to get the interest of the casual fan. It will cost them $$ in the short term but they need to come out with a monster card in the future IMO

Good fighter, douche entertainer. He's on par with Gold Dust. Bisping is a piece of crap but even he had the balls to insult a deaf guy to sell tickets/be a bad guy. Sonnen's persona is so fake that I'm embarrassed for him. He acts like he's a bad man but he's a man to be laughed at when he speaks. He's off the charts ridiculous

Come on. What do you expect him to say? I like Sonnen because he is different. He doesn't use the same cookie cutter promos that every other fighter uses. The thing about Sonnen is that he has a persona which is clearly to sell fights, then there is a side of him in which he is totally honest. The guy doesnt just say what everyone wants to hear, and I like that. Not to mention, guys like Chael are more likely to bring new fans to the sport.

My 2 cents,
Last night's card sucked when it was all over.
Maia-Weidman was painful to watch as both guys were so gassed it looked like they had cinderblocks tied to their hands
Sonnen-Bisping-I'm happy with the outcome because Bisping is the biggest douchebag in the UFC (yes, bigger than Sonnen). However, the fight wasn't all that.
As far as Sonnen and his weird comments, quite honestly, the UFC needs that and I wouldn't be surprised if he was asked to say something like that. I don't know how any American would root for a Brazilian over him...
Evans v Davis
I didn't know what to expect out of this fight and now after watching 5 rounds of Evans' style of MMA, I felt like it wasn't a very entertaining fight. BUT, that is what Evans wants to do and his style is his strength. He imposes his style on every fight he is in.
I wonder if the hate on Evans is more about hating his formula of fighting than actually him.
I guess at the end of the day, his fights are boring, but he is now 24-1 in the UFC.

Evans is clearly head over heels better than Davis, conditioning, wrestling, striking, quickness. I don't think Davis was even close in any of the rounds.

Now, he gets a shot at the absolute best in Bones. If he wins that match, then Evans will have accomplished as much if not more than most light heavyweights.

VN Store

Back