UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos - November 12th @ 9PM ET

unconventional
Heavyweight Championship: Cain Velasquez(9-0) vs. Junior Dos Santos(13-1)

A bunch of preliminary fights will be shown online prior but this will be the only fight aired. I won't be disappointed with either outcome. I like both guys

I like both guys as well, but my buddy wrestled Velasquez in college and scored a point on him, so it makes him happy to see Velasquez on top.

I can't believe Guida-Henderson won't be on TV at all. That's a #1 contenders match for sure. Should be an excellent fight also. Guess I'll have to pull it up on facebook.

Two days til JDS is the champion of the world!

Like I said, I'm okay with either winner. Would be nice if Dos Santos held the title at some point though. Wouldn't mind Carwin holding the title again either. This is the one class where a number of fighters can hold the title and I don't mind. For the most part, I like them all. Just as long as the title stays out of the hands of Brock. Actually though, his time off and being out of title picture has been good for his image. For whatever reason, I believe he'll be more humble in the future. He was actually pretty cool after the Carwin fight but then again, he was lucky to win that fight. I'd be humble too if I just had my ass handed to me and was lucky to rebound

In the end, I guess I'm pulling for JDS. I like Cain too though and think he wins.

Depending on the outcomes between Cain/JDS, Lesnar/Overeem... I think Carwin should fight one of the losers for a title shot. The winners will already face one another. So most likely Carwin vs. Cain/Lesnar/Oveereem. I don't see a JDS/Carwin fight happening regardless if JDS wins or loses. At least not without a fight in between for either fighter. So that would be a year away

i'm excited about the upcoming fight, should be entertaining as hell.

I was wondering the other day how Jon Jones would fair against Cain, because you always hear the smaller guys talkin bout how size doesn't matter and that is true to an extent but if you get in there with a bigger stronger fighter that knows what he is doing the bigger guy almost always wins

This would be a good opportunity for people who don't regularly watch UFC to catch a fight. One of the biggest fights of the year and easily accessible to everyone

i'm excited about the upcoming fight, should be entertaining as hell.

I was wondering the other day how Jon Jones would fair against Cain, because you always hear the smaller guys talkin bout how size doesn't matter and that is true to an extent but if you get in there with a bigger stronger fighter that knows what he is doing the bigger guy almost always wins

60 lbs is too much, IMO.

So is this fight actually going to be on the regular local Fox Channel?

Shows to be announced....

Short but sweet. He smashed Cain

JDS! JDS! JDS!

I'll be happy for Cain when he gets it back. Do love me some JDS though!!

Next champion, Shane Carwin! Maybe...

I really can't believe how easy JDS made that look. Lesnar seriously sucks

Imagine paying PPV prices for a main event like that

I'd like to say I'd pay for it but I never do. Given there is at least one high profile fight underneath the main event prior and five matches total... it's easy to say that about one fight that ended quickly. There is a reason these guys are the heavyweight champions. You don't expect the fights to go the end. They are monsters

I see what your saying. I like to see at least one good round though for such a highly touted event

Yeah. That's the norm. It's just not surprising when the top fighters in the heavyweight division end it in the first round. They're the big swinging d***s. They own the top class for a reason and it's because they can finish you with one blow.

Not saying I wouldn't want it to go longer but it seemed even quicker because it was the only fight. Heavyweight championship fights don't usually last long though

Again though, when you buy a PPV, you get other big fights prior to the main event. Heavyweight fights almost always end quickly

When Cain beat Lesnar for the title, Shields/Kampmann, Sanchez/Alves and Ortiz/Hamill were all on the card. If I had the money or couldn't find fights online, I'd buy a ton of PPV's. Plus if you get together with 4 other people, you're paying 10 bucks. That's no more than going to a movie. Unfortunately, I don't know 4 people the care enough about UFC to spend 10 bucks. Maybe one person lol

Anyone who didn't stream the Henderson-Guida fight really missed a treat. It won fight of the night. It was non-stop action the whole time. I've always been a fan of Henderson, so I was happy to see him win. He'll get a shot at Frankie Edgar for the LW title now.

As for the HW championship, I thought Cain looked unprepared for whatever reason. Big props to JDS, who is very deserving. I don't see Lesnar or Overeem beating him.

JDS! JDS! JDS!

He landed a good punch, but that happens from time to time. Hell, Cain was swinging at the same time, so if JDS had whiffed the fight might have gone the other way. I was pretty disappointed to see a fight I had been hyped about ended on what amounted to a coin flip strike.

That is not to take anything away from JDS, he is a great fighter and deserved the title shot and won it. I just don't think this is an indictment on Cain Velazquez or Brock Lesnar

Last edited:

JDS! JDS! JDS!

Junior already whooped Carwin in June.

VN Store

Back