Unbelievable Coaches Poll

Much as I hate to say it, Georgia should have been ahead of Washington. I mean, the Huskies got whipped, and the dogs almost won.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Much as I hate to say it, Georgia should have been ahead of Washington. I mean, the Huskies got whipped, and the dogs almost won.
Georgia's team from last year would have throttled everyone this year. Georgia wasn't as good on defense this year. This year's Bama team would have maybe scored 10 points on Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith and those guys.

Some people just can't wrap their head around Missouri being good this year, they were though. They were a more complete team than we were.
Yeah, all this "I'd like another shot at em banter". They shut our O down and that RB ran thru us like shart thru a tin can ... No, I want nothing to do w that place. Next.

I guess if you’re trying to capture the entire year you keep FSU in the top 10, but realistically with their QB they couldn’t beat anyone in the to 10-15. Had Washington given Michigan a better game I’d have kept with tradition and kept them at #2 but Georgia is clearly better So I’d move them to #2 with Washington at #3. The Texas, Alabama, Missouri, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State.

I know that's true for me. I still can't adjust to it.

Mizzou is supposed to just be, you know, Mizzou.

Heh.

And I do think they return to form in 2024. Middle-of-the-pack again.

Go Vols!
If you look at the last 15-20 years, most of the former P5 teams have an 11 win season or so somewhere in there. It was their turn I guess. Though annoying Drink is a pretty good coach and Mizzou is a job which fans will actually give a coach time to build, and that's a bit of an advantage today in the otherwise instant gratification culture we have.

If you look at the last 15-20 years, most of the former P5 teams have an 11 win season or so somewhere in there. It was their turn I guess. Though annoying Drink is a pretty good coach and Mizzou is a job which fans will actually give a coach time to build, and that's a bit of an advantage today in the otherwise instant gratification culture we have.
You got me curious, so I did a bit of research.

There are only six teams among all 69 of the Power 5 who haven't won 10+ games in a season since the turn of the century:

--> Virginia Cavaliers (not since '89)
--> Illinois Fighting Illini (not since '89)
--> Purdue Boilermakers (not since '79)
--> Iowa State Cyclones (never)
--> Indiana Hoosiers (never)
--> Vanderbilt Commodores (never)

Seems clear: you do NOT want to be the fan of a school whose name starts with a V or an I. :p

Go Vols!

You got me curious, so I did a bit of research.

There are only six teams among all 69 of the Power 5 who haven't won 10+ games in a season since the turn of the century:

--> Virginia Cavaliers (not since '89)
--> Illinois Fighting Illini (not since '89)
--> Purdue Boilermakers (not since '79)
--> Iowa State Cyclones (never)
--> Indiana Hoosiers (never)
--> Vanderbilt Commodores (never)

Seems clear: you do NOT want to be the fan of a school whose name starts with a V or an I. :p

Go Vols!
This is one of the reasons I like you. We don't always agree every time (though we often do) but you are curious about finding out facts and that's me too. Thanks for running that down. I looked at it a few years ago and my memory was that it was something similar to that. Go Vols!

Former UT coaches voting ranked us at:

Brady Hoke - 14 (highest)
Dave Clawson - 21 (lowest)

Seriously !!! What’s Clawson’s problem!

Others ranked us 16-18 generally - which seemed fair enough.

Former UT coaches voting ranked us at:

Brady Hoke - 14 (highest)
Dave Clawson - 21 (lowest)

Seriously !!! What’s Clawson’s problem!

Others ranked us 16-18 generally - which seemed fair enough.

I don't know if it was true or not but the rumor was when Fulmer hired him, he would be in line to take Fulmer's place. Probably bitter about this and the rejection of his offense.

Reactions: Winchester73

VN Store

Back