UNC vs KY

From what I have seen so far Kentucky sucks duck butter but then again they are not playing ut-martin ither. Either way Tenneseess looked suprisingly good again and Kentucky is looking anything but kentuckyesque

Wow. Just jumped in here; UK looks like crap. Big opportunity for them against a Psycho T-less Tar Heel team, and they are just not doing anything well.

Bottom line is one must pull for the SEC. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if UNC wins by 25. UK is very, very young and that is a very hostile environment.

I don't think so. I live among the heathen and could never find myself pulling for UK.

I don't think so. I live among the heathen and could never find myself pulling for UK.

Aww, come on. I pull for you guys when you play somebody I really, really hate. :haha_oh:

UK just isn't playing disciplined. Ball security has to become #1. They also have a coach who isn't ready to relinquish the PG role to freshman Deandre Liggins. Without PG play, you can't win in basketball. Sorry BCG, Porter ain't the answer.

It wasn't as big of a blow out as i thought it would be, but it was a good game none the less

Kentucky has a huge problems on both ends. Kentucky can't rely on Meeks' 60 shot performance. Patterson must get the BALL. I would much rather see Patterson put up sixty shots around the rim rather than Meeks' 60 shots from beyond the arc ...... and I hate Kentucky Basketball.

This team is the reason why I live in KY and love the Big Orange!

meeks was 2-11 from 2 pt range. he's just out to get his, there's no other way around it. guys like that are nothing but a cancer to the team

meeks was 2-11 from 2 pt range. he's just out to get his, there's no other way around it. guys like that are nothing but a cancer to the team

It always amazes me how people point to the good players as the problem. I suppose what UK needs is more scrubs like Michael Porter or Ramon Harris who know how to make turnovers in a selfless manner.

Kentucky's half-court offense is, judging by last night, awful. Much of that can be blamed on PG play, but the fact is that they can't get it to Patterson. They can get it to Meeks, who is far and away their best offensive option with the big boy out of the equation. And before freely throwing around terms like "cancer," consider that based on last year's benching of his two best guards, you can bet that Jodie isn't doing anything that Billy G. doesn't want him to do.

Billy G made some really odd lineup decisions last year, especially early in the season. He also frequently started Coury, a walk-on, most of the season.

Now, he's using Porter as the starting PG. :eek:k:
Apparently, Hat's assessment of Galloway as a PG was spot-on.
The use of Porter is also an apparent indictment of Liggins' readiness.

BTW, LOL at any KY fan who still thinks Miller is > Hopson. :rock:

I also find it funny that the majority of the Big Blue Mist wanted a coach with a running team that would light up the scoreboard, and they got a defensive-minded coach who tells his highly-rated recruits to slow it down.

I guess we should be prepared for UK to continue to run the shot clock close to zero before shooting when they get to Knoxville.

Like Bobby Maze said, they are a Range Rover. It's beyond me why anybody who wants to get up and down the floor in a wide-open offense would want to play there. They'll continue to get quality bigs though.

The transistion offense of UNC made Billy's defense look silly at times. I didnt see the same defense out of his players that I was used to seeing here in aggieland. But, on that same note, UNC's transition offense would make most NCAA teams look silly imo.

Aww, come on. I pull for you guys when you play somebody I really, really hate. :haha_oh:

UK just isn't playing disciplined. Ball security has to become #1. They also have a coach who isn't ready to relinquish the PG role to freshman Deandre Liggins. Without PG play, you can't win in basketball. Sorry BCG, Porter ain't the answer.

sorry bro. i thought billy was a good pick up. after what i've seen i think you guys need to start over again. i don't think you guys finish over 500 this year.

It will be interesting to see if the 'coach of the year' (a joke) will last until next year. The talk shows are hot on him right now.

The transistion offense of UNC made Billy's defense look silly at times. I didnt see the same defense out of his players that I was used to seeing here in aggieland. But, on that same note, UNC's transition offense would make most NCAA teams look silly imo.

Perhaps it is easier to get players at historically smaller programs like UTEP and TAMU to buy into whatever the coach feels is necessary to win.

It could be harder at UK to get highly-rated recruits to buy into going through a boot-camp training regimen just to slow the game down and try to win on the defensive end.

Let's also keep in mind that, while Billy G has had some successful turnaround jobs and is a proven recruiter, this is just his 7th year as a head coach, and he's on his 3rd program.

It will be interesting to see if the 'coach of the year' (a joke) will last until next year. The talk shows are hot on him right now.

Maybe Billy G is working on another horrible coaching job to start the season so that he can share the COY award again by grinding out a quality finish in the Eastern Division in a down SEC.

Has anyone heard the condition of the Zeller kid?

He took a nasty fall at the end of that game and appeared to have injured his wrist....That really hurts them with Psycho T already out.

Now, he's using Porter as the starting PG. :eek:k:

He is using Porter at PG out of a lack of options, not out of a belief that Porter is any good. His other options are to move Meeks or Liggons out of position, which probably won't fix the PG problem and will weaken him at other positions.

UNC's transition offense is going to make a lot of people look silly; it is what Roy Williams coached teams do. The biggest problem was UK's half-court offense, which is a little surprising, despite losing both starting guards, with playmakers like Meeks and Patterson on the floor. In their sets, they were unorganized and ineffective, turning the ball over time and time again, providing transition opportunities.

This improved for UK in the second half, but whether it was due to Billy's impassioned halftime speech, adjustments, or a lack of intensity from the Heels in a game that was over at the break, I can't tell you.

VN Store

Back