Upset of the year

tngivem6

I know they is already a predictions thread.
But let's get more specific.
They way CBJ is coaching this team up, I feel that we will upset atleast one team, maybe more..
My upset of the year will be Florida..
It's in the Swamp, they will be ranked, we would have just lost to the Ducks,
Haven't heard any good things about thier offense.
Of course haven't much about ours either.

Reactions: 2 people
I know they is already a predictions thread.
But let's get more specific.
They way CBJ is coaching this team up, I feel that we will upset atleast one team, maybe more..
My upset of the year will be Florida..
It's in the Swamp, they will be ranked, we would have just lost to the Ducks,
Haven't heard any good things about thier offense.
Of course haven't much about ours either.

We very well could beat Florida but the main thing that is missing is CONFIDENCE. We have had the lead against Florida in the past, only to begin looking at the score board and second guessing ourselves and we end up losing the game.

CBJ will have to get them focused and not let doudt set in, then we might beat them.....

Reactions: 1 person
I like your prediction. Personally, I think we upset South Carolina in Neyland Stadium. Everyone is expecting them to be extremely good this year cause of Clowney and I have a feeling that Butch is going to bring out all the stops to prove everyone wrong. Go Vols!

I would like our chances to upset Florida better if it were later in the year. New staff, new systems, I think we'll be better in October/November than in September. The same thing happened to Ole Miss and aTm last year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exv6J0mUk5A[/youtube]

i figured i'd throw y'all a bone.

Reactions: 7 people
I think we got a chance upsetting Florida or South Carolina. History would say SC but Florida has a lot of missing pieces for their over achieving team last year. Here goes. Tennessee 24-21 over Florida.

Hopefully not Western Kentucky. South Carolina is most doable. Georgia seems possible, but we are going to have a really, really, hard time getting any stops. Florida is possible as well.

Listen, I'm as much of an optimist as anyone you know about the Vols, but there is no way we make the trip to Oregon and then go to Gainesville and beat the gators. Way too much travel involved. I do think we upset GA and/or USC.

I think there will be a lot of upsets this year. The new targeting rule is going to affect several games.

Listen, I'm as much of an optimist as anyone you know about the Vols, but there is no way we make the trip to Oregon and then go to Gainesville and beat the gators. Way too much travel involved. I do think we upset GA and/or USC.

they have these things called airplanes and they go really fast and you don't have to stop for gas on the way. and they get you there quickly.

they have these things called airplanes and they go really fast and you don't have to stop for gas on the way. and they get you there quickly.

And for the past several years whenever a Tennessee football team gets into one, they come home with a loss

I think there will be a lot of upsets this year. The new targeting rule is going to affect several games.

Sadly, you're correct. Hopefully, CBJ does a masterful job of coaching our defense players in two basic fundamentals.

1. Stripping the ball - I saw a lot of drills on this in the UT practice vides.
2. Old-fashioned wrap up and take down tackling. A part of me likes the new targeting rule. Because, teams seem to just have forgotten how to tackle. Schools like BSU seem to be the exception. The game should get back to its basics, as tackling used to be an art. Football wasn't meant to be Hereford bulls vs. Bison bulls during rutting season where head ramming is the order of the day.

Back to your point, we will see a lot of justified and bogus calls on targeting. This will drastically change game outcomes, Tennessee with its depth issues is in no position to lose key players due to such calls. So my hope is great that CBJ seriously drills it into our boys' heads to go nowhere near targeting. Rather be taught the old-fashioned tackling art. Maybe even force them to watch 1940's-50's era football games to study how this is done.

uga...theyre good for one game a year they shouldnt lose and i hope it isnt clemson

From where i sit not losing any games and taking home the NCG trophy would be the ultimate upset of the year.

First will be Oregon, followed by Florida. Then we travel to Tuscaloosa and tame the tide and will be favored for the remainder of season leaving for no chance at upsets seeing how we will not be the underdog. Go vols!!!!!

VN Store

Back