Urban Raider

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN+Jan 26, 2005 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UTVOLFAN @ Jan 26, 2005 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by OldVol@Jan 26, 2005 11:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-vols2345
@Jan 25, 2005 10:12 PM
why stop at just the gators?  we own all flordia teams in every sport.  i think last time weve played the teams in flordia in football we beat them,  b-ball men and wemon we beat them.  i would say the whole state of florida dont like us.

Vols 2345, I&#39;m a bit concerned about you.

It says you joined here Jan. 15, and you&#39;ve already made 1665 posts.

Friend, you need to look outside today, the sun is shinning, it&#39;s warming up. Please, for your sanity&#39;s sake, get away from your &#39;puter and live a little.

Just a friendly gig, ok, don&#39;t get upset and post fourty-eleven thingies at me.

I&#39;m just funning ya, but really .........

hahahahaha...took the words outta my mouth [/quote]
He&#39;s gotta be typing in his sleep. How does he do that? ;)

i really cant go outside. i have a torn calf muscle from playing in a football game about 1 months ago. i am still healing from surgery so im stuck on here for another month or so. sorry you feel this way.

It&#39;s all good... You just have a startling amount of posts is all. 100+ posts a day just doesn&#39;t look natural.

But, you logged off the other day to go to class. I hope you are putting aside study time cause this board does not pay a salary to resident posters. :peace:

i dont need to study, im one of those people that once i hear it i remeber it for the rest of my life. and i do my homework at school. so since i have an torn calf muscle i will be talking to yall for a while. besides, i am going to join the army so i really am not worried about school.

They have minimum requirements as well. And if you just "get by" in school, what will you do when you get out. If you don&#39;t utilize their college tuition program and get an education while you are there, when you get out you will be just a few years older looking for a job with a high school barely got by education. I&#39;m a manager in textiles. Seen many folks come out of the service as a regular Joe taking the only job they could find/get at &#036;7/hr. If you&#39;re going to the army, don&#39;t waste it. And practice your spelling and grammar on here. You&#39;ll need it for job applications and resumes. Not busting on ya. Just a friendly observation.

oh i just type on here for fun. i dont really care about my typing on here, i didnt think it really mattered. but thank you for the advice but i guess i really didnt explain myself correctly, i am going to army university, i am going to be an officer when i get out of college. i already have my job set (radio telecomunications) and i am ready to go. and i am not wasting my education, i am rated no1 in my class and have a 4.3 g.p.a (adding in all my honors and advance placement classes).

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 26, 2005 4:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 26, 2005 4:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GVF@Jan 26, 2005 4:26 PM
But this board does not pay a salary to resident posters.

That is what you think&#33; ;) [/quote]
Who knows. Sure seems like it sometimes, don&#39;t it. :question:

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 26, 2005 4:44 PM
oh i just type on here for fun. i dont really care about my typing on here, i didnt think it really mattered. but thank you for the advice but i guess i really didnt explain myself correctly, i am going to army university, i am going to be an officer when i get out of college. i already have my job set (radio telecomunications) and i am ready to go. and i am not wasting my education, i am rated no1 in my class and have a 4.3 g.p.a (adding in all my honors and advance placement classes).

In all honesty, it really doesn&#39;t matter. We just have fun and poke at it since you are in accelerated posting class, and half of what you say leaves us hanging on the edge. I just never figured you for a 4.3. Especially since if was me going to army u., I would call as it is...West Point...and since you have to get letters of rec from local poiliticians...and so forth.. Habits are let&#39;s say...habitual. After 1600+ posts, I just didn&#39;t see a West Point candidate in there. Enjoy the first few weeks. Like I said, all in fun.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 26, 2005 4:44 PM

hmmm....i have a 2.7 GPA as a sophmore at UT, and the Army means two things to me....i cant keep drinking and no UT...

I think you will get a lesson once you graduate. Soldiers don&#39;t care about Grade Point Averages.

no i have made all a and b&#39;s but when you factor in the honors classes it raises my gpa. so when i get a b in a honors class it counts as an a or a 4 for gpa. when i get and a it counts as a 5.

Let&#39;s keep it clean here, guys. vols2345 was not gloating or anything of his grades, so just take it easy. 2345, take it easy on the language.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 26, 2005 7:59 PM
Let&#39;s keep it clean here, guys. vols2345 was not gloating or anything of his grades, so just take it easy.

I know he wasn&#39;t gloating. If he pays that much attention on grades, he&#39;ll do well elsewhere. He was defending himself I guess and my post probably sounded more critical, which was not the intent.

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Jan 25, 2005 4:59 PM

A. He never told them he would be there for the rest of their careers.

I watched Urban Meyer interview with ESPN Gameday live when they were in Utah and he flat out said that he was not going to leave his players and go anywhere. That is a fact.

urban and spurrier close running on the "suck" meter, urban has a surprise coming in the SEC and spurrier has a long road to travel at SC

UM has to prove himself at UF. Although we continually had problems with UF - their real power was evident when Bob Stoops was D - coord. The Spur always has shown a knack to crack (unfortunately it wasn&#39;t us that cracked him enough). Who can forget teams such as LSU, Aub and Bama derailing his juggernaut. USC will be more of a threat under him but let&#39;s not forget, the last coach was also a legend and USC never materialized as a power under him (Holtz).

As for UM - he is loaded with talent and has shown to be a solid recruiter (esp. in Texas). The big question is can his team play the D. When UF lost under the Spur - it was generally a D issue. Also at BG and Utah - his teams never faced opponents with the type of speed at D he will face in the SEC (of course he will have more team speed at O than ever before so it may be a wash). I think his ability to adapt offensively and build a truly solid D will be the keys to his success.

Just my 2 cents - UF has got to be as good or better under UM as they were under Zook. What&#39;s in question is will they ever be the Spur version of UF. USC will be more of an offensive threat under the Spur - but will they have the D hardness that they had under Holtz?

Neither will be what they could be - UF with Spur back would be the biggest threat. UF will be better than under Zook and USC will be better than under Holtz but will they ever consistently crack the top 3 in the east?

I think what we&#39;ve got to worry about is our defense. If Chris Leak blends well with Meyer&#39;s offense, we had better have an all-American caliber defense just in case or else Florida will have our number next season.

VN Store

Back