Us against the world mentality.

tn4elvis

After reading JJ's comments about the only ones that think we can win is us. I love it. Men with nothing to loose do crazy things. It worked for a long time at the U when they were becoming a national power. J Majors was a great motivator in games we were decided under dogs in. If Butch is half the motivator I think he is we may be ok Sat. Ive always loved the Vols in the under dog role.I hope we play fast and loose Sat and empty the well.

Reactions: 7 people
After reading JJ's comments about the only ones that think we can win is us. I love it. Men with nothing to loose do crazy things. It worked for a long time at the U when they were becoming a national power. J Majors was a great motivator in games we were decided under dogs in. If Butch is half the motivator I think he is we may be ok Sat. Ive always loved the Vols in the under dog role.I hope we play fast and loose Sat and empty the well.

:good!:

"We play better as the underdog."

A Volnationism from way back.
Not always but some of my best memories are games that we were the decided dawg in.Sugar in 86, Fla 2001, 91Citrus Ohio State.ect.

Get crunk with it get loose with it
Like short said let bruce bruce hit it

Reactions: 2 people
SugarVols are still my favorite underdogs. Shocked a nation that night. Miami had a National Championship pretty much being handed to them all the way up to game time.......................... Then there was this poor messenger boy seen crying in the corner of the UT locker room. He had stopped at one of the concessions stands to get some ice cream before he delivered the message that UT was suppose to lay down and let Miami win. He arrived 30 seconds after kick off.

True story. I swear. :)

Reactions: 2 people
I think we'll have something for Oregon Saturday.

We have a team that loves its coach, a coaching staff that knows discipline and execution, and some pretty decent players. The core of our roster, i.e. lines and LBs are 4* almost across the board. And our 6'8" 351 DT is our 3* lol.

Discipline and execution are needed to defend Oregon. We actually have that now.

Our team strength is the o-line, 4-5 future NFL starters. We will win or lose based on those guys.

It was true pre-2005...

We can get it back.Its confidence as a team and as a fan base. Like Inky said We are Tennessee and we take a back seat to no one. You can feel and sense the confidence coming back into the program and the fan base.We just need a few wins against someone we are not suppose to beat to light the fire.Its coming you can feel it

I actually have a good feeling about Saturday. Not in the sense that we will pull out the W (which I still feel we have a shot at IMO) but that it will be a close game all the way through.

Yep, Tennessee is the only team to ever take this mentality against Oregon.

Oregon hasnt been a natl power but a few years. The us against the world mentality may not help us at all Sat.But it sure cant hurt us either.I like a team that plays with a little chip on its shoulder.

I think we'll have something for Oregon Saturday.

We have a team that loves its coach, a coaching staff that knows discipline and execution, and some pretty decent players. The core of our roster, i.e. lines and LBs are 4* almost across the board. And our 6'8" 351 DT is our 3* lol.
Agree we control the line of scrimage
Discipline and execution are needed to defend Oregon. We actually have that now.

Our team strength is the o-line, 4-5 future NFL starters. We will win or lose based on those guys.
Agree we have to control the los and run the football.That gives us a chance.

We can get it back.Its confidence as a team and as a fan base. Like Inky said We are Tennessee and we take a back seat to no one. You can feel and sense the confidence coming back into the program and the fan base.We just need a few wins against someone we are not suppose to beat to light the fire.Its coming you can feel it

I agree, we are definitely on our way back. I briefly felt close to this level of optimism after we beat Georgia and SC in 2009 (while Kiffin was recruiting well), but it was tempered a bit by the off-field stuff.

I am convinced that BJ has us headed in the right direction. To the extent that we may not see the days of being more than a +7 underdog under his watch by 2015.

I actually have a good feeling about Saturday. Not in the sense that we will pull out the W (which I still feel we have a shot at IMO) but that it will be a close game all the way through.

Same here. I'm not predicting a win. While I don't think its out of the question, I'll allow its unlikely. More likely however, I feel that we will compete and hang tough for most of the game.

VN Store

Back