US Army Special Operations unit attacked at night in California

"Spec ops kills US citizen in California".

I see that going over well.

True.
It’s been well over a decade so most of the guys I knew are long retired, but back then that 911 call would have gone something like, we’ve subdued the attacker and taken his sword and he may have some broken bones and other injuries because he put up a good fight, so bring an ambulance for him.
But those were also the kind of guys that threw midnight sock parties to make a point. 🤷‍♀️

True.
It’s been well over a decade so most of the guys I knew are long retired, but back then that 911 call would have gone something like, we’ve subdued the attacker and taken his sword and he may have some broken bones and other injuries because he put up a good fight, so bring an ambulance for him.
But those were also the kind of guys that threw midnight sock parties to make a point. 🤷‍♀️

I actually saw the article posted by two different military individuals, one active duty Air Force and one active duty Marine. They shared your sentiments.

True.
I will agree it's not great optics for them to have to "retreat", or for it to even happen at all.

I guess for me it depends on if they left millions of dollars of equipment, and or some of their wounded. I would applaud them for avoiding an escalation if everything else went ok.

I will agree it's not great optics for them to have to "retreat", or for it to even happen at all.

I guess for me it depends on if they left millions of dollars of equipment, and or some of their wounded. I would applaud them for avoiding an escalation if everything else went ok.

For me it just raises more questions on the overall state of the mentality of our current military especially when we see and hear their “leadership” personnel.
I’m just thankful we have so many veterans that believe the Oath never ends once you take it and would once again step through the gates of hades if necessary. But that brings a whole new can of worms to the party with the large amounts of PTSD involved and how badly some of them would totally lose their everloving 💩 if ever put in that position.

They were the pilots. Not saying they aren't still badass in their own right but they aren't operators

Reactions: LouderVol
They were the pilots. Not saying they aren't still badass in their own right but they aren't operators
These guys were 160th SOAR they’re not your average military pilots. They are the taxi service for our tier I assets and yes they are looked upon as badasses in their own right.

Most likely they looked at the situation and said “ok we aren’t paid enough to deal with this dumbass. Somebody call the cops and we’ll take a break until this gets fixed”

TF160 isn’t your normal aviation unit. Those guys from the pilots to the flight crews have some big brass balls (or did IDK now) and are no slouches in a fight.

TF160 isn’t your normal aviation unit. Those guys from the pilots to the flight crews have some big brass balls (or did IDK now) and are no slouches in a fight.
Theyre still pretty much alphas. My guess is they looked at the situation and didn’t think they needed to deal with that crap.

I follow Diamond Dave's guidelines: Don't go ninjaing nobody who don't need no ninjaing.
Don’t be a karate-choppin when ya should be a judi-choppin… else, there goes your leg

Theyre still pretty much alphas. My guess is they looked at the situation and didn’t think they needed to deal with that crap.

They weren’t armed so WTF were they supposed to do? One thing you learn in the CQB TF members go through is how to run the F away when your outmatched. The saying “don’t bring a knife to a gun fight” applies to don’t bring fists to a sword fight.

VN Store

Back