US Army Special Operations unit attacked at night in California

For me it just raises more questions on the overall state of the mentality of our current military especially when we see and hear their “leadership” personnel.
I’m just thankful we have so many veterans that believe the Oath never ends once you take it and would once again step through the gates of hades if necessary. But that brings a whole new can of worms to the party with the large amounts of PTSD involved and how badly some of them would totally lose their everloving 💩 if ever put in that position.
I think 160th is the group that does things like fly SEAL teams into Pakistan to get Bin Laden. I wouldn't be too worried about their mentality.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
They weren’t armed so WTF were they supposed to do? One thing you learn in the CQB TF members go through is how to run the F away when your outmatched. The saying “don’t bring a knife to a gun fight” applies to don’t bring fists to a sword fight.
I’m still pondering why they were flying out of Inyokern instead of NAWC China Lake. They doing something they don’t want eyes on 🤔

NTC rotation maybe?
Maybe. 🤷‍♂️ Might have just been transiting and used Inyokern instead of China Lake. But it happened at 1AM and there were apparently quite a few of them at the FBO at the airport. That makes me think they were up to something.

We used Inyokern to pick up AVGAS for a non kerosene burning test aircraft we were flying out of there during some testing. Based at China Lake but used Inyokern for our gas station.

Maybe. 🤷‍♂️ Might have just been transiting and used Inyokern instead of China Lake. But it happened at 1AM and there were apparently quite a few of them at the FBO at the airport. That makes me think they were up to something.

We used Inyokern to pick up AVGAS for a non kerosene burning test aircraft we were flying out of there during some testing. Based at China Lake but used Inyokern for our gas station.

They could have been out there flying against reengineered alien aircraft out of area 51. The "ninja" was probably an escaped alien.

I think 160th is the group that does things like fly SEAL teams into Pakistan to get Bin Laden. I wouldn't be too worried about their mentality.
Yes. The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment is the Uber for Delta, Seal Team 6, and all the other tier I assets we don’t know the name of. They’ll fly other spec ops too, but tier I is exclusively flown by TF160.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Send this dude against the Taliban. Missiles and MGs didn't work so maybe their weakness is ninja stars.

Yes. The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment is the Uber for Delta, Seal Team 6, and all the other tier I assets we don’t know the name of. They’ll fly other spec ops too, but tier I is exclusively flown by TF160.

I've noticed most of their helicopters have the tubes for in-flight refueling. That just seems like it takes a lot of cajones what with rotors and all.

Wait, wait, wait... does anyone else find it utterly ridiculous that during a training exercise our military cannot effectively protect themselves from a “ninja” attack and had to hide until police showed up?
They were helicopter pilots, not Seals or Delta.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Wait, wait, wait... does anyone else find it utterly ridiculous that during a training exercise our military cannot effectively protect themselves from a “ninja” attack and had to hide until police showed up?

Too much time getting critical race theory training?

They could have been out there flying against reengineered alien aircraft out of area 51. The "ninja" was probably an escaped alien.
It's possible he was an alien from Mexico.

I've noticed most of their helicopters have the tubes for in-flight refueling. That just seems like it takes a lot of cajones what with rotors and all.
A lot of them do yes. I don’t think the MH-6 Little Birds have them. But theirs like all rotary wing use the Navy drogue bucket method. The tanker holds position and the helo is responsible for engaging the drogue chute with the probe and maintaining contact with a compliant hose to the chute. The USAF method has a rigid flying boom and both ships have to maintain exacting position.

Not discounting it I’m sure it’s hard as hell. Especially if something like this happens.

Used to be a lot of Ranger tabs walking around TF 160.
There still is. But you also know that just means they completed the basic snake eating course. However most of those guys still see action when the rest of the forces are fairly sedentary. The helo casualties in the Black Hawk Down and Lone Survivor stories where TF160 ships. And don’t forget the special bird on the Bin Laden raid.

There still is. But you also know that just means they completed the basic snake eating course. However most of those guys still see action when the rest of the forces are fairly sedentary. The helo casualties in the Black Hawk Down and Lone Survivor stories where TF160 ships.

I know a little about all that.

“Just” completing Ranger School used to be a hell of an achievement and there is no snake eating.

I know a little about all that.

“Just” completing Ranger School used to be a hell of an achievement and there is no snake eating.
Lol. Ok point taken and no shade intended. Was just pointing out the tab alone doesn’t mean you were assigned to and went operational with a Ranger battalion.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Reactions: DynaLo
Very true.
Yeah the tab does mean something. I probably never could have gotten one. But the tab alone doesn’t mean the individual was in the 75th. Now the tabs on the TF160 guys unis are legit and they are legit operators.

VN Store

Back