us steel cancels investment

If anything about this is remotely true, that part of it probably means it doesn't have much to do with him.
Well the article clearly stated it was a battle with local officials, but the climate on the national level probably didn't help the matter, either. I would call Biden one of the straws on the camels back, but maybe not the last one.

Well the article clearly stated it was a battle with local officials, but the climate on the national level probably didn't help the matter, either. I would call Biden one of the straws on the camels back, but maybe not the last one.

Exactly. Kinda like the reverse of how the trump election was a tiny little catalyst in an upward trending economy but then it turned out he mostly just knew how to grow gdp thru government spending.

Reactions: volfanhill
What kind of local government official doesn't want a $1.5B investment? I don't get it.

What I don't understand from an environmental perspective is why not champion cleaner facilities here in the US? Why let these manufacturing capabilities go to China where there is next to no attempt at environmental consideration?

I just don't understand the logic.

If we keep the prosperity there, we won't have to fight it here. And we'll still get to sample their pollution, here.

The leftist interpretation of 'Win-win'.

Exactly. Kinda like the reverse of how the trump election was a tiny little catalyst in an upward trending economy but then it turned out he mostly just knew how to grow gdp thru government spending.
I not one of the ones blowing Trump's horn on the economy. I was fully aware (and he knew it on the campaign trail in 2016) that this was a manipulated economy. He then suddenly started to take credit for it after November 2016 when the market rallied after the election.

How tiny? That is, if we remove the effect of:
- cutting taxes
- cutting regulations
- taking chains off energy resources
- revamping trade deals

-on the GDP, what is the reduction in GDP? Or is it too tiny to discern and libertarians should stop pretending such things impact liberty and economy?

Move south. West Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, and others would be happy. But Uncle Sam might get in the way.

Notice I didn't mention Virginia, where I live (Vienna, Fairfax County). This state government sucks. Hopefully, that will change soon.

It's not going to get better. Virginia is the south's California

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back