USDA requesting .40 cal semi-automatic weapons (w/30 rd magazines)

I haven't had a chance to read the article, I will when I get home , but you do realise the USFS, and NPS both fall under the dept of agriculture. They both have legitimate law enforcement divisions, and .40 cal is standard LE equipment.

Standard LE equipment would be a .40 cal Glock...

Right... a particular brand of handgun that they normally carry as a side arm. WTF is this 30 rd magazine carbine nonsense? That is not typical. Lets be real.

Actually, Glock, Sigs and H&K make up the bulk of Federal Armed agencies issued weapons other than the individual departments authorized handgun list for personal purchase. With Glock and Sig being the largest chunk of issue agency weapons.

As I stated before, this appears to be someone's wet dream and not a lot of technical thought was put into the selection. If I had my guess? The person who wrote that thought said weapons in the SMG class are "cool" and who knows diddly squat about ballistics and firearms.

I'm not saying a SMG is inefficient as it does have it's place, but is eclipsed by weapons in the same weight class that are far superior.

The firepower in civilian use these days might give agents pause. High power hand guns are the norm. My guess would be that someone looked for an option of increased firepower, without diversifying the ammo inventory. A .40 SMG might seem to be a viable option.

Trans Fat To Be Banned: What This Means For Your Health

Starting Dec. 22, 2023, no products containing PHOs will be allowed on grocery store shelves.

Following in the Footsteps of Other Countries

Denmark gained global attention as the first country to ban trans fats back in 2003. Between 2003 and 2018, restrictions followed in Switzerland, Iceland, Canada, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, and other countries.

In the United States, New York City, California, and parts of Maryland also set limits.

The USDA, which is yet another overreach by the Feds, MIGHT be dumb enough to use these 40s to hunt feral pigs.

It sounds like a government agency to waste money buying the wrong weapon and ammo, then surplus them or throw them in storage and order AR-10s.

VN Store

Back