UT at OU ‘24

Not sure really how much we owe them versus how much they owe us for Butch simply handing them a comeback win 😡
Seems like one of those difficult choices. You want to win, but winning keeps the bad coach around. 🤔

I know this is really early but I’ll be going to our SEC opener at Norman this year. This will be my first away game experience and I couldn’t be more excited. What I’m lookin for is any info from folks who have been there on good places to stay nearby, tailgate spots and best visitor seating areas. And for anyone else goin to this game, I’d love to plan a meet up spot ahead of time. Thanks in advance, and GBMF🍊!
I drove up from North Dallas area (Mckinney) and drove back after the game which I regretted; great game atmosphere and everyone was super nice.

They "candy striped" the stadium red and white which I really think is where we got the idea to "checker" Neyland. I had visitor seats way up around the rim but purchased some tickets from a scalper which turned out to be right behind the visitors parents area in the south end zone. Great seats for sure and as someone said earlier; there really doesn't seem to be a bad place to watch a game in this stadium.

I also attended the game in Neyland; my Okie friends still talk about the experience. One of the guys I work with is an OU Alum and a big donor; a group of his friends rented a yacht and tied up with the Vol Navy on the river. Epic trip for them; we made sure they had a blast plus the game was one of the best I have ever seen (just wish we'd have held them)!

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Heupel will want to de rail that Sooner wagon that parades on their field.
Have you guys seen the videos of the Sooner Schooner flip over during a game? It has happened more than once! I kind of laughed at the frat boys with paddles and in overalls on the sidelines. Gave me some Dazed and Confused vibes or Revenge of the Nerds!

I can say this with all honesty, I've never met an OU fan I didn't like...Every single one i have met are very down to earth and friendly.

Have you guys seen the videos of the Sooner Schooner flip over during a game? It has happened more than once! I kind of laughed at the frat boys with paddles and in overalls on the sidelines. Gave me some Dazed and Confused vibes or Revenge of the Nerds!

That and the A&M yell leaders are some of the funniest videos I've seen related to college football.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Wonder what memories will be going through Heupel’s mind on that trip
I think he has great memories of his days as a player and a coach and has probably come to understand that his dismissal was just a case Stoops following one of the most basic management principles - always find a scapegoat.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
I think he has great memories of his days as a player and a coach and has probably come to understand that his dismissal was just a case Stoops following one of the most basic management principles - always find a scapegoat.
When I go back to places I used to live I usually 1) drive by my old house to see what the new owners have done and 2) check it one or two favourite restaurants if they are still in business. Something tells me Heup will be too busy for nostalgia 😂

Reactions: Sarms58

The "Roughnecks."

They are a chuckle worthy bunch.

VN Store

Back