UT Bama 2022

Just a VolinTears

Vol from Memphis
I recently watched the highlights of this game. What an emotional rollercoaster and what an incredible win. This was the best shot of the entire game for me. The V-O-L-S lit up with the fans on the field in the back ground. Probably what will be missed the most from CBS was their camera work. I'll always remember where I was on October 15, 2022!

1723072914572.png

There was just something special about that game. Even when it felt like they were gonna win, something inside kept feeling like it was just our night. That sounds crazy and contradicting, but it's hard to explain, you just knew.

I’ve rewatched it probably 15 times since then and it’s my favorite football game I’ve ever watched. I sorely regret not seeing it in person, but my kids, uncles and mom and dad were able to watch it with me at home and that’s a memory I will cherish forever. The moment I saw my babies faces light up and our living room erupt when the “Ugly, But Beautiful” ball went thru the uprights will stick with me forever. GBO 🍊

I recently watched the highlights of this game. What an emotional rollercoaster and what an incredible win. This was the best shot of the entire game for me. The V-O-L-S lit up with the fans on the field in the back ground. Probably what will be missed the most from CBS was their camera work. I'll always remember where I was on October 15, 2022!

View attachment 665449
This was the best game I’ve ever attended in my life. It may be the best ever , both tv and in person. I thought it was “game over” after the fumble six - Typical Tennessee. But then Hendo pulled his magic and we scored on the next series. Great game!

I will always cherish hanging out in Neyland with volnation an hour after the game and then seeing my son and his buddies (they were sophomores @ UT) on the strip after the game. The strip was insane with the streets covered with people until 11pm. My car was boxed in until 11pm which meant I wouldn’t get back to Nashville until after 1am. But it was worth it!

There was just something special about that game. Even when it felt like they were gonna win, something inside kept feeling like it was just our night. That sounds crazy and contradicting, but it's hard to explain, you just knew.
I was there. I know exactly that feeling. Even when Alabama got the scoop and score, it just didn’t feel over. We were supposed to win that game.

That and 98 Florida were the two best environments I’ve ever been in. And 22 Bama was a more entertaining game.

I will always cherish hanging out in Neyland with volnation an hour after the game and then seeing my son and his buddies (they were sophomores @ UT) on the strip after the game. The strip was insane with the streets covered with people until 11pm. My car was boxed in until 11pm which meant I wouldn’t get back to Nashville until after 1am. But it was worth it!

We only stayed long enough to see both goalposts torn down. I got to see the boys carrying one up Cumberland on the way to the car. We got out of the garage and onto the interstate in record time. Everyone was still at the stadium.

That and 98 Florida were the two best environments I’ve ever been in. And 22 Bama was a more entertaining game.

I was there, too. I remember in both games, it felt like the fans might not accept a loss those nights. It was as lively and hostile as I could have ever imagined, from start to finish.

The only other time I can remember such a game was the second half against Georgia in 2015. We flat out did not show up in the first half and Little Jon had the fans out of it, having everyone questioning what a 3rd down was. I remember no one seemed to feel sorry about what was going on as Georgia took a 24-3 lead with 3:27 remaining in the first half. On the contrary, the fans and the players were absolutely pissed. When the Vols scored with 1:04 remaining in the first half, we became unstoppable for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

View attachment 665449
I will forever be jealous of every person here who got to watch or be part of it, I was away at Basic Training and missed the entire season.

View attachment 665449
52-49!!!! Should be hydro etched on “The Rock”!

Not going to lie. The scoop and score was a "Mount Cody" moment. Oh Crap. PTSD_BVS

Edit: I've re-watched this game more times than you'll know. Somewhere it was stated that the only team to ever put up more points on Bama was another Tennessee team. VANDERBILT...
Just kidding.
Sewanee. 1907 I think. 54 points

Edit again: OK, I'll jump in and correct myself with this picture - honest, I was joking about Vanderbilt Dang The 2003 was 5 overtimes I think. I was at the first half of that game but my 5 year old melted down with a 103 degree fever and we had to leave at halftime. My first and last time in Bryant Denny.

1723086531517.png

Last edited:
Not going to lie. The scoop and score was a "Mount Cody" moment. Oh Crap. PTSD_BVS

Edit: I've re-watched this game more times than you'll know. Somewhere it was stated that the only team to ever put up more points on Bama was another Tennessee team. VANDERBILT...
Just kidding.
Sewanee. 1907 I think. 54 points

Edit again: OK, I'll jump in and correct myself with this picture - honest, I was joking about Vanderbilt Dang The 2003 was 5 overtimes I think. I was at the first half of that game but my 5 year old melted down with a 103 degree fever and we had to leave at halftime. My first and last time in Bryant Denny.

View attachment 665537
I see four of the worst beat downs to Tennessee teams. I’m sticking tuit! Stopped at Suwanee for a prime rib dinner on the way to Tullahoma during the 1979 playoffs. Lots of history down there!

I’ve rewatched this game/highlights so many times and replayed my time there in my mind more times than I can count. It will always be a game of legend that I will tell my kids and grandkids about and brag that I got to be there to witness it in all of its glory.

I was there. I know exactly that feeling. Even when Alabama got the scoop and score, it just didn’t feel over. We were supposed to win that game.

04 Florida was my fav in person

View attachment 665449

Yep, espn would have already cut to sportscenter..... I'll never understand cbs for giving up the SEC. For the Big 2???

Just re watched it the other night. Can't even describe it
I've probably watched it 8ish times in total. At the very least I've viewed highlights some 20 times since then. The scream of Vol Fans when the FG was called good is unlike anything I've ever heard.

Same here as well. It seemed like it was fate for TN to win that game.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
I was there with my dad and my 7 year old son. It was a night we will never forget. I had gone to the lsu game the week before as well. Talk about an unreal two week span that was to be a lifelong Vols fan.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I remember when Dallas Turner got the scoop and score I told my wife, “Well, that’s it,” but with none of the usual bitterness I would have usually said something like that with. I was strangely calm. Like logically I knew it seemed like we’d lose, but on an emotional level I felt otherwise.

I had the same feeling during the first CWS game against Florida State this year. I kept thinking “They can come back.” I just had a feeling the whole time, different from the usual desperate flails at hope I make when I know deep down my team will lose.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back