UT Bama 2022

There was just something special about that game. Even when it felt like they were gonna win, something inside kept feeling like it was just our night. That sounds crazy and contradicting, but it's hard to explain, you just knew.
I attended 2 tailgates and went in multiple bars/restaurants that day, I didn't hear one Tennessee fan lament that we would lose. Everyone was so positive. I agree, it was a feeling in the stadium that I can't explain. The way the game ended, I think, is a minor miracle, LOL if there's such a thing.

I’ve rewatched this game/highlights so many times and replayed my time there in my mind more times than I can count. It will always be a game of legend that I will tell my kids and grandkids about and brag that I got to be there to witness it in all of its glory.
I've watched it so many times, one of my Bama friends asked me how many touchdowns Hyatt scored. I said "I think it was either 35 or 40".

There was just something special about that game. Even when it felt like they were gonna win, something inside kept feeling like it was just our night. That sounds crazy and contradicting, but it's hard to explain, you just knew.
I thought we were toast when we gave the ball back to Young. I wasn’t at the game though so I might’ve felt differently at the stadium. I know that feeling. I had it in ‘98 at the Arkansas game, which looked far more bleak than the Bama game. Even when we gave the ball back to the Hogs I still believed. You never forget being at games like that and Bama 2022. Never.

I thought we were toast when we gave the ball back to Young. I wasn’t at the game though so I might’ve felt differently at the stadium. I know that feeling. I had it in ‘98 at the Arkansas game, which looked far more bleak than the Bama game. Even when we gave the ball back to the Hogs I still believed. You never forget being at games like that and Bama 2022. Never.
He just scored another one 🤣

That game made an old 73 year old jump around like a five year old on Christmas morning all through the game and went completely nuts at the end. A special night to never be forgotten. I hope we have many more of these thrilling wins in the future!

I recently watched the highlights of this game. What an emotional rollercoaster and what an incredible win. This was the best shot of the entire game for me. The V-O-L-S lit up with the fans on the field in the back ground. Probably what will be missed the most from CBS was their camera work. I'll always remember where I was on October 15, 2022!

View attachment 665449

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
I wasn't at the game, but I'll never forget going out to bars on the strip that night and how lit it was. The morale of Knoxville was so high after that win it was literally palpable in the air. That was one of the last great weekends when the Strip was still somewhat the Strip. I miss my days at UT living there in the craziness of all that.

I can remember my phone going off as people I knew from all over texted about that game. My cousin from TX said it was one of the best games he'd ever seen.

It was such a big sports deal at the time it was brought up on Monday Night Football.

I wasn't at the game, but I'll never forget going out to bars on the strip that night and how lit it was. The morale of Knoxville was so high after that win it was literally palpable in the air. That was one of the last great weekends when the Strip was still somewhat the Strip. I miss my days at UT living there in the craziness of all that.
The strip post-Florida 1998 was the most electric I’ve ever seen it. That was a crazy night!

Reactions: NighthawkVol
My last game at Knoxville until the auburn game in 09. Remember that night well ...kinda . I was 17 and the first time I ever got drunk. Ohh what a night
That’s awesome. If there was a night to start drinkin that would’ve a good one.
I was at that Auburn game in 09 also. At least Crompton started to see the light bulb come on at the end of the game.

That’s awesome. If there was a night to start drinkin that would’ve a good one.
I was at that Auburn game in 09 also. At least Crompton started to see the light bulb come on at the end of the game.
My great aunt and uncle were life long vols and passed it down to me. Obviously Knoxville is a long way from Gibson Country. My trips up to Kingston always meet a lot to me. They gave me their tickets to that game as well as their house for the weekend for my graduation. My high school gf and I went up there. She was a gump. We had a lot of fun for bunch of 17 year Olds that night. Married with 4 kids ,still one of the best nights of my life.

Edit: didn't marry the gump. Couldn't bring myself to do it

VN Store

Back