UT Chattanooga's Allison Out

If this program does not start doing better, this program will be dropped.

Its probably costing the university more to actually keep the football program at this point. Im not sure if the university gets a share of the profit from the championship game every year or not... I believe they would have to drop 2 or 3 women's sports as well if they drop the football program so that may be why they havent already done it

Its probably costing the university more to actually keep the football program at this point. Im not sure if the university gets a share of the profit from the championship game every year or not... I believe they would have to drop 2 or 3 women's sports as well if they drop the football program so that may be why they havent already done it
This new AD, Rick Hart, is a sharp guy... UTC football can be brought back to respectability. The new sports complex will help. And there's some money out there in the community for the right guy at HC.

I'd hate like hell to see UC football go away altogether.

Anyone else think the school should change its name to University of Chattanooga? UTC just sounds inferior.

The football program brought in close to $850,000 in the two pay games they played this year...Not to mention home game profits..(not much)..but in the black.

The football program will stay for a long, long, time...Too many people with money for it to go away.

Anyone else think the school should change its name to University of Chattanooga? UTC just sounds inferior.

Used to be University of Chattanooga...They would have to drop out of the UT system and that would be a financially unwise thing to do.

I say go with the railroad theme and become The Chattanooga Jones....

They need to move their games to like a Thursday night. With Chattanooga being on the border of GA, TN, and Bama most people do not care about seeing a Mocs game when they are missing a Bama, UT, or UGA game.

If and it's up in the air right now about where I'll be when I graduate, I work in Chattanooga I would definitely go to some UTC games.

They need to move their games to like a Thursday night. With Chattanooga being on the border of GA, TN, and Bama most people do not care about seeing a Mocs game when they are missing a Bama, UT, or UGA game.

You run into a lot of resistance from the Southern Conference when you try to play on any day other than Saturday.

I agree with you in theory, but its not up to the University on what day to play.

Interesting read for UC folks...

How UTC Could Keep Football

I hate the idea of moving out of the Southern Conference.

I think there are some great rivalries, although UTC has been on the losing end lately....I would just hate to see UTC-GA Southern, and UTC- Furman, go away.

There are teams in the Conference that are successful that succeed with far less. Wofford's enrollment is 1500 and they are a playoff team. Elon is a playoff contender and they are in Elon for christ sake.

The first thing UTC needs is a football facility. The players are currently having positional meetings in the Roundhouse where sometimes there are kids sitting in the hallway because of lack of space. You are not going to recruit well when everyone in the conference has better facilities and they have a winning history.

There is a long way to go...but I just refuse to believe that Chattanooga cannot have a successful football program.

You run into a lot of resistance from the Southern Conference when you try to play on any day other than Saturday.

I agree with you in theory, but its not up to the University on what day to play.

Oh yeah, I know it will probably never happen, just a thought. I just know personally if a game was on a Thur or Friday night I would be much more apt to go to their games than now.

This program needs revamped! First order of business.....bring back the Indian or change the damn nickname! What kind of bird is that suppose to be anyway? While the AD is at it.... ax the Men's bb coach! ......Reintroduce baseball!

Chattem drugs has a lot of money and that is Coach Shulman's in laws I believe.

VN Store

Back