UT Defense = QB Exit Ramp?

Arrested Devolopment

Upstanding Member
Not sure if opposing teams are aware of this, but in the last four games all starting QBs have exited the game due to injury (3) or poor performance (1).
Disclaimer: I am not posting this information as a call to injuring any player, nor saying that UT defenders are headhunters. I believe this pattern is just a byproduct of high pressure defense and legal, aggressive play.

1. NC State
starting QB Grayson McCall replaced late in game by freshman CJ Bailey due to injury.

2. Oklahoma starting QB Jackson Arnold replaced late in game by freshman Michael Hawkins, Jr. due to poor play.

3. Arkansas starting QB Taylen Green replaced by freshman Malachi Singleton due to injury.

4. Florida starting QB Graham Mertz replaced by freshman DJ Lagway due to non-contact injury.

If this pattern holds against Bama, we might see Ty Simpson make an appearance. He's a TN 5 star who can run/pass, but he's not quite as big or fast as Milroe.

Not sure if opposing teams are aware of this, but in the last four games all starting QBs have exited the game due to injury (3) or poor performance (1).
Disclaimer: I am not posting this information as a call to injuring any player, nor saying that UT defenders are headhunters. I believe this pattern is just a byproduct of high pressure defense and legal, aggressive play.

1. NC State starting QB Grayson McCall replaced late in game by freshman CJ Bailey due to injury.

2. Oklahoma starting QB Jackson Arnold replaced late in game by freshman Michael Hawkins, Jr. due to poor play.

3. Arkansas starting QB Taylen Green replaced by freshman Malachi Singleton due to injury.

4. Florida starting QB Graham Mertz replaced by freshman DJ Lagway due to non-contact injury.

If this pattern holds against Bama, we might see Ty Simpson make an appearance. He's a TN 5 star who can run/pass, but he's not quite as big or fast as Milroe.

The injury to Mertz was the strangest injury I think I have ever seen! Did that have anything todo with our turf?

The injury to Mertz was the strangest injury I think I have ever seen! Did that have anything todo with our turf?
He probably partially tore it on the previous play then his celebration caused it to fully tear. I had something similar happen to me with my MCL. Sort of felt it after a play in high school, but got up for the next one, as soon as the play started and I took off, it snapped and my knee buckled mid step.

Oklahoma // Jackson Arnold -- Rendered incompetent (1.8 QBR)

Arkansas // Taylen Green -- Big hit on the knee

Florida // Graham Mertz -- Groundskeeper gets the credit

Jalen Milroe? His backup is Ty Simpson from Martin, TN, a RS Soph.

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be the week one of these teams finally puts it all together?
Heck, might even be Tennessee. Also, the field looked to be in good shape, I thought. Better by far then Oklahoma's, although I'll admit that's a low bar. Sometimes stuff just happens. I blew a tendon in my knee standing up from a chair, and I'm in pretty good shape.

Heck, might even be Tennessee. Also, the field looked to be in good shape, I thought. Better by far then Oklahoma's, although I'll admit that's a low bar. Sometimes stuff just happens. I blew a tendon in my knee standing up from a chair, and I'm in pretty good shape.
Sounds like it was on its last leg.🤣 Seriously, hope everything healed up well for you. I had an unexpected sneeze last year and threw my back out. Couldn't turn for a week. I'm in pretty good shape too. 🤷🏼

Yes. It was recently resodded because of a two night concertI

He probably partially tore it on the previous play then his celebration caused it to fully tear. I had something similar happen to me with my MCL. Sort of felt it after a play in high school, but got up for the next one, as soon as the play started and I took off, it snapped and my knee buckled mid step.

That sounds possible. He took a couple of hopping side steps and there was no slipping on the turf. As you said, the ACL may have been partially torn, and then ruptured when he planted his left foot. I had a friend who tore his ACL walking down the stairs.

Milroe isn’t getting knocked out of Saturday’s game…

Unless ACarter or JTelander meet him mid-stride whilst he’s running for his life.

Oklahoma // Jackson Arnold -- Rendered incompetent (1.8 QBR)

Arkansas // Taylen Green -- Big hit on the knee

Florida // Graham Mertz -- Groundskeeper gets the credit

Jalen Milroe? His backup is Ty Simpson from Martin, TN, a RS Soph.
Yep! And Graham Simpson is a lot better already in his freshman year, his brother. He has already thrown over 1600 yards in 7 games. The freshman is really good. Kentucky and Florida has already scouted him out. I’m sure there will be more teams as the playoffs come about. He is a five star throwing to another five star, and that receiver will be coming to Tennessee, I can’t remember his name at this point, but he is long, athletic, and fast.

Milroe has his limitations as a passer, but he is far from the problem at Bama. He is also very durable. So I don't see a situation of him exiting this game.

VN Store

Back