UT vs UAB

Originally posted by Blazer85@Aug 8, 2005 5:25 PM
What words would I be eating my friend? 

I'm certainly not that confident we'll win, so either way, I'm not going to be let down.  However, I dont think it will be nearly the blowout you guys do.
[snapback]123968[/snapback]​

So all this time your argument has been that UT isn't going to blow UAB out? Heck, I could probably agree with that. It will probably still happen though. What would you consider a blowout anyway?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Aug 8, 2005 3:29 PM
So all this time your argument has been that UT isn't going to blow UAB out?  Heck, I could probably agree with that.  It will probably still happen though.  What would you consider a blowout anyway?
[snapback]123976[/snapback]​

I consider a blowout like 20+ points. Some UT people are predicting like a 30 point blowout and though it could happen, I just dont think that's very likely whatsoever.

The way some people are reacting, you would think I picked UAB to beat UT 56-14 but never did I do anything of the sort.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Aug 8, 2005 5:32 PM
The way some people are reacting, you would think I picked UAB to beat UT 56-14 but never did I do anything of the sort.
[snapback]123982[/snapback]​

But you know you want to don't ya? :p Go on do it......do it!

Hey... I'd love to see it, I wont lie, but I know that's unrealistic. I have two predictions on the game.

Just for the fun of it my score for the game UT 45 UAB 17 with 10 of UAB's point getting scored in the 4th. Go VOLS!!

i think its funny that blazer insists on bringing up uts worst games but wont say $h!t about uabs worst games. its gonna be funny when ut handles uab worse than hawaii, usf, florida state, or tulane did.

The difference is... I'm not claiming UAB is a world-beater. Some of you, meanwhile, are claiming that UT is a world-beater.

blowing out uab would be considered world-beating by very, very few. otoh, uab beating ut would be considered world-beating by many.

Hey I think if we blow out UAB that we will have a great season.I will say that UAB has a pretty decent passing offense and that if we shut it down ( which I am not calming that we are), then i feel that we will be able to shut dowN florida's offense. Not saying that Florida and UAB are equally as good on offense, but If we handle Uabs offense we should be able to take care of florida.

Whatever man... we'll see when the day comes. UAB doesnt have anything to lose here. We get blown out, well hey, that's expected... big whoop. If UAB hangs close or can even pull out a close win, then that's just icing on the cake. I'm glad UT chose to play UAB, but UAB has much less to lose in this game anyway.

If UAB gets blown out it will mean that kids not even on the Vols depth chart were kicking butt. Fulmer has much more class than that. :victory:

Goodness, this is getting a little ridiculous, eh??? Blazer85, you are officially awarded the "Most Posts To the VolNation From an Opponent That Officially Doesn't Matter" award.

How many of you have racked up 158 posts (and counting. . . .) to BlazerTalk? You should cruise around there. There is actually talk of "if we win." :wacko: A particularly humorous thread hoped to sell out their allotment of tickets, with rumors of 5000 or so tickets. Read through, and it comes to a screeching halt when a poster states that he thought about 600 were sold. Many of us can attest that there seemed to be plenty of left-overs (since we bought them). Blazer, if you're not sure, check out the orange and white sitting in the "away" sections.

Fine to come around for a little info on the other team (ala the classy aTm fans before last year's Cotton), but talking smack to a team that will be able to pulverize you (if it so desires) is a little silly. I'd save that for the big Jacksonville State game.

man oh man.....lets give it up.

tennesse is gonna win unless the stars aline crazy or something.....next..

lets talk about our real expectations on this season. and lets be realistic.

i think we are one season away. our schedule favors us majorly next year and we will have alot of upperclassmen. just have to develop some more linebackers.

Teams like us dont matter until the rare case where we steal one. All the other times we lose, we still win because we get the TV exposure and pick up a nice check in the process. LSU wont be trying to buy us off for an "automatic win" anymore... I'll tell you that much. Rumor is that Miss. St. may be trying to get out of their contract with us because of how easily we handled them in Starkville. Miss State is much much worse than UT, but the point is... the days of everyone taking us lightly is beginning to end. We've been trying to get another contract established with UGA, but after they just barely pulled off that 3pt win a couple years ago, theyve been hesitant to accept.

You're really beginning to reach for something to talk smack about and quite frankly, it just doesnt cut it kiddiedoc. I still have yet to see all of this "smack" that I've talked.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Aug 8, 2005 9:54 PM
man oh man.....lets give it up.

tennesse is gonna win unless the stars aline crazy or something.....next..

lets talk about our real expectations on this season. and lets be realistic.

i think we are one season away. our schedule favors us majorly next year and we will have alot of upperclassmen. just have to develop some more linebackers.
[snapback]124131[/snapback]​

I agree wiyh you about next season. We need a couple of those bid D-linemen to come along as well.

Dang guys, cut the Blazer guy some slack. Unlike other opponents from bammerland, at least he came with some manners.

There are 6 kids from the local HS that play for UAB and Watson Brown lives just down the street from me. Based on what I'm seeing from UAB this year in prep, they will be a pretty good team. What you guys don't know is that UAB actually beefed up their weaknesses with Juco transfers...some pretty damn good ones at that. We are lucky that this will be their first time to play together so they probably won't be entirely in synch by September 3rd. Hackney is an awesome QB that would have started for us last year if he were a Vol. At 240 pounds, the kid can move. His arm is strong and accurate. Burks and Hughey will pound the football when need be. Both are SEC size and quality RBs.

With UAB being a local team and knowing several of their players, they've become my #2 team and I'm quite familiar with them. If you think this is going to be a cake walk feel free to put a bid in on my Arizona swampland auction on Ebay.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Aug 8, 2005 8:01 PM
Dang guys, cut the Blazer guy some slack.  Unlike other opponents from bammerland, at least he came with some manners. 

There are 6 kids from the local HS that play for UAB and Watson Brown lives just down the street from me.  Based on what I'm seeing from UAB this year in prep, they will be a pretty good team.  What you guys don't know is that UAB actually beefed up their weaknesses with Juco transfers...some pretty damn good ones at that.  We are lucky that this will be their first time to play together so they probably won't be entirely in synch by September 3rd.  Hackney is an awesome QB that would have started for us last year if he were a Vol.  At 240 pounds, the kid can move.  His arm is strong and accurate.  Burks and Hughey will pound the football when need be.  Both are SEC size and quality RBs.

With UAB being a local team and knowing several of their players, they've become my #2 team and I'm quite familiar with them.  If you think this is going to be a cake walk feel free to put a bid in on my Arizona swampland auction on Ebay.
[snapback]124141[/snapback]​

Thank you! :bow: I know some of you think I'm sipping on some Kool Aid or something with the way I talk about Hackney and this UAB team in general, but Hackney is legit and UAB is much better than some here know or are willing to admit.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Aug 8, 2005 8:58 PM
I still have yet to see all of this "smack" that I've talked.
[snapback]124138[/snapback]​

"Like you guys did to Kentucky at Neyland?"
"I would hate to see you have to eat all your words about this game "
"Whose year wouldnt it make to beat UT?"

Look, I'm not comparing Blazer to the Bama or Gator trolls that pop up from time to time, but if you are posting 160 times within 11 days to an opponent's board, isn't that a little neurotic? And, the game is still almost a month away!

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Aug 8, 2005 8:20 PM
"Like you guys did to Kentucky at Neyland?"
"I would hate to see you have to eat all your words about this game "
"Whose year wouldnt it make to beat UT?"

Look, I'm not comparing Blazer to the Bama or Gator trolls that pop up from time to time, but if you are posting 160 times within 11 days to an opponent's board, isn't that a little neurotic?  And, the game is still almost a month away!
[snapback]124157[/snapback]​

Did those comments come from nowhere or were they a response to someone else that already started talking "smack." I dont start ANY smack, but if you insult my school or team, I'm not just going to lay there and accept it without any contention. 16 replies per day is "neurotic?" I dont really think so. Considering I'm really the only UAB fan here, I'm the only one that CAN reply to many of yall's questions and comments.

Nobody said they wouldn't be a good team but they aren't good enough to keep it close with this team unless UT self-destructs

now i love THE BIG ORANGE as much as the next guy but i remember when we first played UAB when they had only been around for 2 years as a football team and guys, i hate to bring it back up, but we didnt beat them that bad that year, true we did win in convincing fashion if the team had been around for a while but for them only being a 2 year program, we didnt handle them that well. now, i'm pulling for a big blowout too but this is a very tough season opener for sure. UAB is definetly not a UNLV or somebody like that. however there is no way we will over look these guys since they are the first team on our schedule because you cant win them all without winning the first one :good: and there is absolutely no reason to look forward to uf when i'm pretty sure we have an off week between uab and uf.

GO VOLS!!!!!! :rock:

BHAMVOL, based on you living near Watson and knowing who Burks and Hughey are, I take it you live in Vestavia Hills?

Have you heard that Hughey is expected to get some playing time? He's just a freshman, but it'd be great if he could contribute early on. He's listed as a FB on UAB's roster, but the odd thing is that he's approx. the same size as Burks who is a RB.

Originally posted by IBleedOrange@Aug 8, 2005 8:30 PM
now i love THE BIG ORANGE as much as the next guy but i remember when we first played UAB when they had only been around for 2 years as a football team and guys, i hate to bring it back up, but we didnt beat them that bad that year, true we did win in convincing fashion if the team had been around for a while but for them only being a 2 year program, we didnt handle them that well.  now, i'm pulling for a big blowout too but this is a very tough season opener for sure.  UAB is definetly not a UNLV or somebody like that.  however there is no way we will over look these guys since they are the first team on our schedule because you cant win them all without winning the first one :good:  and there is absolutely no reason to look forward to uf when i'm pretty sure we have an off week between uab and uf. 
GO VOLS!!!!!! :rock:
[snapback]124169[/snapback]​

That was also the year yall won the national title (1998), so yall were quite good.

:D I wasn't out to stir the pot, I just got tired of hearing how great UAB/Hackney is and how they have a fighting chance. We were all very respectful for a long time, IMO. But the more we talked the more you pushed Blazer... I put exactly what I thought down, and as others have mentioned UT rarely if ever blows anyone out, as Coach Fulmer likes to get the younger guys some playing time late in those games that are in hand.

About Cincy, I didn't say they were good, or were a reason that UAB has a chance to win the conf, I just had to put them in there b/c they have left the conf with UofL.

Some people that look at our schedule see the nonconf games of ND, UAB, and Memphis and try to say we took it easy... I say we're taking on the "golden (domer) boys" and the two major contenders for CUSA Champ... but that still doesn't mean we're going to lose to either of those possible champs.

VN Store

Back