Vanessa Williams to Sing ‘BLACK National Anthem’ for PBS’ Capitol Fourth Celebration

'This doesn't sound like unity': Fury at PBS's 'woke and divisive' decision to have Vanessa Williams sing the 'Black National Anthem' at Capitol Fourth Celebration to mark Juneteenth being made a Federal holiday as well

• Williams said her performance of the song will not only honor the nation's traditional Independence Day, but also Juneteenth
PBS has divided opinion with its decision to have Vanessa Williams sing the 'Black National Anthem' during its July 4 celebration, in a nod to Juneteenth being made a federal holiday.

The singer and actress, who was the first black woman to be crowned Miss America, will perform the song 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' while hosting PBS's 41st 'A Capitol Fourth' annual celebration, which airs Sunday.

PBS divides opinion over Vanessa Williams singing the 'Black National Anthem' on July 4 | Daily Mail Online

Will there be nipple exposure? Opps wrong almost black woman

I think I got her Playboy classic somewhere stored away, or was that Penthouse?

Not trying to be Unrespectable, but women, no matter how hot they were when they were young, just don't excite a lot of people when they are nearing their 60th birthdays.
She’s still got a beautiful face. She’s getting a bit of Turkey neck now not too bad. But shes definitely aging gracefully.

She’s still got a beautiful face. She’s getting a bit of Turkey neck now not too bad. But shes definitely aging gracefully.

If you are talking about Williams, I agree that she looks good For Her Age.

intro-1595875715.jpg

Vanessa Williams

I remember how hot Marisa Tomei was in 1992.

Last edited:
Your supposition could come under cherry picking. One or two minority voices who match your beliefs does not mean a majority do.

I suppose those who want to sing Lift Every Voice and Sing should just be content not to be property anymore, or constitute 3/5 of a person, or have the right to vote, or not have to go through poll tests. Nothing really for them to celebrate.
Yep. Because who gave them that?
(hint: it isn't people singing their fake national anthem)

Your supposition could come under cherry picking. One or two minority voices who match your beliefs does not mean a majority do.

I suppose those who want to sing Lift Every Voice and Sing should just be content not to be property anymore, or constitute 3/5 of a person, or have the right to vote, or not have to go through poll tests. Nothing really for them to celebrate.
If they want to sing it, I'm fine with them singing it. But don't you think it's counterintuitive to the idea of unity by calling it the Black NATIONAL Anthem? Did I miss where another nation was formed within the United States? Call it a Black Anthem if you'd like, but to include the word "National" creates this idea that they want their own nation, separate from the rest of America. JMO, but it spits in the face of peace and equality, which I've always thought to be the end goal. More and more, there seems to be this message almost of subjugating white Americans rather than peacefully living together. And to speak out against that has now been deemed "racist". I want a fair America where we all live in peace, united together, and everyone is equal. But if we're to achieve that goal, we have to stop pushing further division. Suggesting black people have a separate National Anthem does not scream unity.

VN Store

Back