Vegas Gives UT 5% Chance

right
right........but what u didnt post was the hundreds of underdogs that lost.. my guess it would be in the 5 to 10 percent range.. right where they have us.. but hey its not 0 ... right

And UT is a traditional powerhouse program who's talent isn't complete s*** and they can turn it around anytime. Am i right? You're **** right I'm right. UT is not an Appy State type program. Our program was the 8th in history to reach 800 wins at the beginning of the season. We've had top 10 and top 20 classes even in these down years. Don't even try to compare "those hundreds" of other games to this one. That's some bs.

Reactions: 4 people
And UT is a traditional powerhouse program who's talent isn't complete s*** and they can turn it around anytime. Am i right? You're **** right I'm right. UT is not an Appy State type program. Our program was the 8th in history to reach 800 wins at the beginning of the season. We've had top 10 and top 20 classes even in these down years. Don't even try to compare "those hundreds" of other games to this one. That's some bs.

Preach.

If we had a good/great QB, I would actually be fairly confident of pulling off an upset this week. Oregon doesn't have much of a talent advantage at all.

But I think Worley is going to get us killed, unless the coaches have a whole bag full of tricks for him they've been waiting to unleash.

Reactions: 1 person
Preach.

If we had a good/great QB, I would actually be fairly confident of pulling off an upset this week. Oregon doesn't have much of a talent advantage at all.

But I think Worley is going to get us killed, unless the coaches have a whole bag full of tricks for him they've been waiting to unleash.

Alot of folks have mentioned the problem with Worley was him throwing off of his back foot. I agree, if he can fix that and the coaches would put him in full game manager mode, mixed with this defense, then look out.

Preach.

Gotta disagree with you on that one.

We bout ta find out.

But I will say this: prior to our first game, my #1 concern about this team was the cornerback position. We are still green there, relatively untested, and lacking in depth ... but I am less concerned that position than I was.

I will not pretend to know how this game will pan out, but I think if you took UT and the current spread you'd be safe. We're a better team (first string anyway) then we're being given credit for. Kelly's replacement also I think is being given more credit then he has earned as a OC. We have yet to see how he handles adversity as a head coach. I would not be surprised at all if the first half is very different then any of the odds makers expect, the question is can our A team play four quarters in adversity, and can this coach get rattled if things fall apart from game plan, and adjust. Helfrich has never been a head coach, and maybe he will be as great as Chip, But I wouldn't trade Butch Jones for him.....and I am not saying Butch is the greatest thing since Neyland or even Phil.....but he is a proven head coach, and Helfrich IS NOT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
IF the UT can keep it close going into the 4th qtr, confidence will soar. That would be the 12th man on the field for both offense and defense.

Butch said it best with his opening comment after the WKU a** whoopin. He quoted General Neyland first thing. If you think Neylands Maxims dont mean a d*** thing, then you dont know football. Neyland was a mastermind, Bryant learned from Neyland, as much as i cant stand Bama, that means something.

Reactions: 2 people
I learned a valuable lesson , at the ripe old age of 12 . Never bet ON or Against UT . They'll beat ya 5 outta 10 .

I'm curious what the Vols chances of winning were against Miami in the 85 sugar bowl and against Florida State in the 98 game? No it is not likely to happen that the Vols beat Oregon(ultra conservative pacifyer disclaimer)but upsets do happen. I personally give the Vols about a 27% chance of a win given my high school math education. Oregons QB is more run than gun, they Have 1 back/receiver that is really dangerous, and they live on the big play. I'm thinkin our defensive coordinator is smart enough to look at what they have, what the Vols have, and how to defend it. I really think it comes down to player by player execution and good old fashioned want to...who wants it? Are you willing to get your butt handed to you and get back on the plane to UTK or do you hate to lose? do you want to win?

Our LBs and DBs will have to react quickly and get to the ball and make clean tackles for us to win this game. We're not very good at linebacker, so that is a tough challenge for a team that runs spread with a speed back. I expect will be gashed more than a few times. Hope I'm wrong!

Looks like the money is stilling going to OU .. 5 dimes has moved to +27.5 from 26.5 monday morning.. I might wait and see if it keeps moving and put in a second wager :)

VN Store

Back