Verbal Abuse In Sports-j.j. Redick

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 13, 2005 9:17 PM
Hm, can't agree with you on the Purdue thing. My sister was a Boilermaker, not to mention West Lafayette is the only place in Indiana other than Indianapolis I can stand.

But you gotta let some things go, dude. Too much hate there. Love the Big Orange, hate Bammers and Gators and let everybody else be.

I dont like Purdue because of them being pretty good and in the Big 10, I'm always pulling for Ohio State. Wisconsin for playing OSU so damn tough every year, they save their best game for Ohio State and are the only team that comes to the Shoe and doesnt get affected by the crowd.

I hate Iowa too, way to much bitching about them being better than OSU 2 years ago. OSU went on to win the title, Iowa went on to get drilled by USC, that let Iowa fans know who the better team was.

Miami for all the whining and crying about that Fiesta Bowl. I know it was a controversail call, I know it ended their season with no title, but damn, just let it go already. The whole "The U" is horrible also.

As for NC State and USC, it's mostly recruiting that fires me up about them. Seems as though Tennessee and OSU have a few supposed locks each recruiting year, and then they end up in sourthern cal or NC State instead. Fred Davis, Richard Washington, and Patrick Turner to name a few.

I also dont like Boise State, because they play on a blue field.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Feb 14, 2005 12:38 PM

:lolup:

I'm right there with you. It makes you want to check the color on your TV every time you see a game being played there. What were they thinking??

I also hate South Carolina because I was once at a baseball game and the mascot, Cocky, came up behind me and started rubbing the bald spot on my head. I've hated that :censored: rooster ever since. :D

OK..I've got enlightened at some state school games at UT. Apparently the UT fan behind me really hated UK and expressed his desire for someone to kill some of their Fball players. To far out for me. The home crowd is part of the game. and the visiting crowd if your pulling an upset. I went to a private Christian college in West Tenn., and Lipscomb U in Nashville was our big Bball rival. They were always so good, and we were considered a bunch of farm boys from West Tenn. We showed up at one of our home games in suits and tuxes and formal wear because they were the "rich" kids. Chanted go start the limo and all things like that when we were winning. We went there for their home game and they came in with overalls and straw hats, with tractor keys shaking for us to go fire up and ride home. Everybody would wait outside and leave the visiting openent in an empty arena, and we would single file in the gym in front of them. We used to drag voodoo dolls of the refs on ropes by the neck. Sounds lame compared to the big school stuff, but it was funny then, and for us was heated rivalries with heckling and razzing rather classy and innovative. It was a competition to see who could come up with the best at the next game.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 14, 2005 1:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 14, 2005 1:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GoVolsDogg@Feb 14, 2005 12:38 PM

I&#39;m right there with you. It makes you want to check the color on your TV every time you see a game being played there. What were they thinking??

I also hate South Carolina because I was once at a baseball game and the mascot, Cocky, came up behind me and started rubbing the bald spot on my head. I&#39;ve hated that :censored: rooster ever since. :D [/quote]
I havent a clue what they were thinking, and to actually think it got them enough notorization to host a Bowl game(Humanitarian Bowl) makes it that much worse.

Seriously now, who the hell wants to play their bowl game in Boise, ID during the last week of December. All other schoosl are going to California, Hawaii, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisianna etc. to play in either a dome or in 70+ degree weather, but two a year actually has to travel up to Boise to play in some snow and 15 degree tempratures.

As for South Carolina, I imagine I&#39;ll hate them shortly now that good ole Steve Spurrier has returned to the SEC.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Feb 14, 2005 2:27 PM
Seriously now, who the hell wants to play their bowl game in Boise, ID during the last week of December. All other schoosl are going to California, Hawaii, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisianna etc. to play in either a dome or in 70+ degree weather, but two a year actually has to travel up to Boise to play in some snow and 15 degree tempratures.

That&#39;s the way the game is supposed to be played. There&#39;s a reason I think the Ice Bowl was the greatest game of football ever played.

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 14, 2005 6:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 14, 2005 6:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GoVolsDogg@Feb 14, 2005 2:27 PM

That&#39;s the way the game is supposed to be played. There&#39;s a reason I think the Ice Bowl was the greatest game of football ever played. [/quote]
As much as I agree with you on that, it still sucks real bad playing in bad weather.

Oh yeah, I hate playing in the cold. I have played in 20 degrees with nothing to protect my upper body -- Just shoulder pads and a loose-fitting mesh jersey. I was playing guard and suffering from mild hypothermia at the same time. No fun.

But, at the same time, it makes the truly great ones stand out.

Originally posted by TNFanBornandRaised@Feb 14, 2005 11:08 PM
Milo are you a closet USC fan?Ive seen you take up for them so much im beginning to wonder :wassup:

Man, this is getting old...

lol milo im not the only once noticing :dunno: seems like everytime something is said about usc a few of us get bashed for saying it :peace2:

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 14, 2005 8:55 PM
Oh yeah, I hate playing in the cold. I have played in 20 degrees with nothing to protect my upper body -- Just shoulder pads and a loose-fitting mesh jersey. I was playing guard and suffering from mild hypothermia at the same time. No fun.

But, at the same time, it makes the truly great ones stand out.

I hear that, living in northestearn Ohio, right on the shore of Lake Erie, we&#39;ve played some real bad weather games. Freezing rain, to me, is the worst to play in, I can handle the snow and regular rain, but when it hurts just getting hit by raindrops, that just is miserable.

But I lvoe watching snow and other bad weather games, it&#39;s so exciting and does make for some classics.

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg@Feb 15, 2005 4:50 PM
But I lvoe watching snow and other bad weather games, it&#39;s so exciting and does make for some classics.

Me too, except when it is Peyton and the Colts playing in New England for the CCG.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 14, 2005 1:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 14, 2005 1:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GoVolsDogg@Feb 14, 2005 12:38 PM

I&#39;m right there with you. It makes you want to check the color on your TV every time you see a game being played there. What were they thinking??

I also hate South Carolina because I was once at a baseball game and the mascot, Cocky, came up behind me and started rubbing the bald spot on my head. I&#39;ve hated that :censored: rooster ever since. :D [/quote]
full_stadium.jpg

Had to delete the first sentence of this post Charly. This is twice in one thread. Lay off the profanity please . . .

maryland fans must be smarter than the damn dookies.

VN Store

Back