Vereen Also Out

Funny thing is I haven't seen another thread on Vereen. Just posts on him in Jacques'

Yeah, that's why I posted it. I had seen the posts talking about him having an MRI, I just figured him being out for a while merited his own thread, and I didn't see one, so I just started one.

I am no teacher but I can imagine it would be a tough job.

The government just makes it ever more difficult too. Can't discipline kids like you need to, so many standards and goals that have to be met, it really hinders what needs to be done. It's a hard job. We're often told that "Teachers often never get to see the true fruits of their labors." To a large extent, that's true. It's a very rewarding job though. No career is possible without a teacher.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for posting OP.

I don't have time to go through every single thread and filter out the 95% of ppl that are making worthless comments like "first" "in before", etc.

I would have never have read this otherwise.

My wife's a high school teacher and she says the most important thing is to start out really tough on discipline. If you start out as a hard-ass you get their respect and you can always loosen up as the year goes on. If you start out lax you'll never be able to get them back.

Man. Bad news: Vereen surgery, Smith surgery, Naz Oliver and Fugate leaving, plus Dockery.

However, good news: Marlin Lane has been playing extremely well according to Butch. May be a breakout year for him. High praise for the Jr.

I'll take our luck over the gators luck right now. Also we are doing much better than this time last year. And the severity isn't as bad as last year.

I don't think were losing much with Naz but Fugate was versatile. This is more practice time for those who need it and more opportunities for someone lower on the depth chart.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is another thread...but I couldn't find it. But what did the MRI of the knee show?

I'm not a doctor but I play one in the office...with the interns!

He had surgury on the Meniscus (cartlage). Back in 5-6 weeks. Give him some joint juice...but not from Colorado or Washington State. lol

My wife's a high school teacher and she says the most important thing is to start out really tough on discipline. If you start out as a hard-ass you get their respect and you can always loosen up as the year goes on. If you start out lax you'll never be able to get them back.

Pat Summitt said the same thing

VN Store

Back