Verlander gets 25 mill a year

The MLB playoffs are a circle **** of luck. There are too many things going on to come to the idea that there is great clutch players in the postseason.

Let's take the rhetoric on Derek Jeter. He steps his game up in the postseason.

Well, that's not true. Jeter's hitting numbers aren't as good than his career regular season numbers. Now we are talking just by a few points, but still.

For example:

The Yankees lost in the first round in 1997 but Jeter batted .333

The clutch Jeter won the WS in 1998, but had a .235 average.

Where did his clutch go?

I always like to point out that he has been awful in the ALCS. Apparently he's only clutch in the first and third rounds.

The MLB playoffs are a circle **** of luck. There are too many things going on to come to the idea that there is great clutch players in the postseason.

Let's take the rhetoric on Derek Jeter. He steps his game up in the postseason.

Well, that's not true. Jeter's hitting numbers aren't as good than his career regular season numbers. Now we are talking just by a few points, but still.

For example:

The Yankees lost in the first round in 1997 but Jeter batted .333

The clutch Jeter won the WS in 1998, but had a .235 average.

Where did his clutch go?

Please tell me you said circle **** of luck

Please tell me you said circle **** of luck

I literally have no idea where that came from, but when the Giants come out with their dynasty dvd in three years, that's what it should be titled.

Miguel Cabrera, of the MVP & Triple Crown fame, now has the 3rd largest contract on his own team...do you Detroit.

Wanna tell me where Mike Trout, of the best player in baseball variety, ranks on his team?

Point taken, but he'll get his. My main point was that the Fielder contract seems slightly overboard to me in particular jmo.

Yes, and they paid that man 214 million or whatever. Still seems a little overboard to me. They definitely have a window now, but it'll be interesting to see what that team looks like down the road if they don't win it soon.

what do you think miggy would get in free agency???

it's too much, tons of contracts are, but not because of that comparison.

I'm just wondering how long till they regret that Fielder money, as a Red Sox fan.

Yeah. Go into it knowing that, though, basically. Sucks that is the market, but it is.

Still remember when everybody thought he was gonna be a Natinal

I'd take LaRoche for peanuts compared to him lol you gotta be happy not signing him for that money considering what you'll be needing to shell out soon enough.

True. May have been a big reason why he didn't end up in DC. Just fun to think about the rumors/almosts later on.

So LaRoche for 2 more years then who the hell knows, depends on Rendon.

VN Store

Back