Visitors this weekend.....

Some say that Austin is ours though and some even think Dunlap is ours as well. A few think we can overturn Dwight Jones. This would easily be the best class in UT history if all those chips fell+Creer+Burnett/McNeil. Then throw in Sykes for sign and place and we'd cruise to the #1 class with 7/8 5*s.

Are the "some" saying Austin is ours credible?

I'd hate to lose Brimfield though... I just get a feeling he'll be a monster.

The some are two posters on rivals. One claims to be a former UT football player with "inside sources". They say it is a lock and has been for a while. The other claims to be a good friend of Rico McCoy and says that Rico has told him that Austin is just playing it up and is coming to UT. He says that UNC and Maryland aren't even in it nor was Illinois. He says USC is too far away and that it will come down to UT and FSU but is pretty much a lock to UT.

Some people think we get Dunlap because, A) he was highly impressed with his unofficial to UT and B) Spurrier pushed for a public commitment and Carlos said no.

The people that think we get Dwight Jones think this because they believe that he is thinking things in a business manner which would favor UT. He is also alot more comfortable with UT's coaches than UNC's and his coach is a UT guy.

I don't think we will lose Brimfield if we get Austin. I think we take at least 5 more and maybe 6. I doubt 7. I wouldn't be surprised if Brimfield commits after this weekend, though I don't expect it.

The some are two posters on rivals. One claims to be a former UT football player with "inside sources". They say it is a lock and has been for a while. The other claims to be a good friend of Rico McCoy and says that Rico has told him that Austin is just playing it up and is coming to UT. He says that UNC and Maryland aren't even in it nor was Illinois. He says USC is too far away and that it will come down to UT and FSU but is pretty much a lock to UT.

Some people think we get Dunlap because, A) he was highly impressed with his unofficial to UT and B) Spurrier pushed for a public commitment and Carlos said no.

The people that think we get Dwight Jones think this because they believe that he is thinking things in a business manner which would favor UT. He is also alot more comfortable with UT's coaches than UNC's and his coach is a UT guy.

I don't think we will lose Brimfield if we get Austin. I think we take at least 5 more and maybe 6. I doubt 7. I wouldn't be surprised if Brimfield commits after this weekend, though I don't expect it.

Sir, I feel so good after I read this.

Thanks for sharing

that would be great.

It would be insane. Almost worthy of a raise in itself.

True, if the planets align and we add Dunlap and Austin to the the recruits we already have, that would be fine.

[In this same, crystal meth dream, we land Creer, Burnett, D. Jones, and McNeil, too.]

Chris Perry commits to Nebraska, Hubbs says we were not after him anymore.

The coaches must feel really good about another DT Prospect....?

Add 4 more and remove 1 to the list of Official Visitors this coming weekend

****Brandon Paul ATH 5-10/185
****Devonte Campbell TE 6-1/234
*** Brian Coulter DE 6-4/255 FSU Commit
*** Curenski Gilleylen WR 6-0/210

REMOVE
Morgan Burnett

Chris Perry commits to Nebraska, Hubbs says we were not after him anymore.

The coaches must feel really good about another DT Prospect....?

Told ya we were choosing not to move in Perry. I think if we wanted him we could have already had him. I think we told him, in not so many words, to go ahead and commit to Nebraska.

Quote from latest Brimfield article:

"Brimfield ended the interview by breaking down his top four, in order.

"Tennesseee is on top, then South Carolina, then North Carolina and then Clemson is fourth," he said. "I definitely plan to take all three of the visits I have left before making my choice."
"

To me it would be un FREAKING real if we get Austin. I mean look at it No. 1 DT, No. 1 SLB, No. 1 CB, 5 star DE and everyone else thrown in there Walker, Barnes, Melancon, Langley. Does that not sound like an unreal defense in a few years. That makes me so excited I can't hardly contain myself. OMG wow.

One player we are not talking much about is Devonte Campbell. He is a highly rated TE out of the northeast. He is visiting UT in January. And, from everything I have read I think we actually have a really good shot at him. One thing I cannot gauge is just how much interest we have in him. He has an offer. I do not know where we stand as far as accepting his commitment if he were to give it. Its just something else to keep an eye on.

Add 4 more and remove 1 to the list of Official Visitors this coming weekend

****Brandon Paul ATH 5-10/185
****Devonte Campbell TE 6-1/234
*** Brian Coulter DE 6-4/255 FSU Commit
*** Curenski Gilleylen WR 6-0/210

REMOVE
Morgan Burnett

Now thats quite a name.

Another new quote from Brimfield:

"This weekend, Brimfield will get to see what Tennessee is all about after hearing plenty about it from the coaches and from Willingham. Brimfield's plan is to make all of his scheduled visits, but admits that is not a given.

"I am going to try and take all of my visits," Brimfield said. "But you never know. This might be my only visit and it might not. I don't think I am far from making a decision."

I think it is HIGHLY likely that we get a commitment from him this weekend.

Additions to this weekends visitor board:

Stefoin Francois is visiting 1-13-07. That is a brand spanking new update. And, he says the biggest reason for his decision is going to be early playing time.

Nevin Mckenzie is likely going to cancel his Louisville visit for this weekend because of the departure of Petrino. If he does cancel it, he says he will set up a visit to UT in its place.

man, if we close with Brimfield, Francois, Austin, Jones...WOW I'd just be happy to get 2 of these.

VN Store

Back