VolNation mobile merged thread bug

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
We've had a bug in the mobile skin for some time now which causes merged threads to generate an error when clicked on the mobile skin. It's been a frustrating issue to solve because it doesn't always happen and it only happens on mobile. The temporary solution has been to click "mark all as read", which seems to solve the issue but isn't an ideal fix.

Anyway, I had some time today and tweaked the code. I'm hoping this fixes the issue but I need some feedback from you guys. Please let me know if you see the error and aren't able to access a thread from this point forward.

Thanks.

:hi:

I am not a mobile user, so I have not experienced this specific problem. However, I have lately experienced a lot of "Volnation.com is not responding due to a long-running script" messages. Frequently, the browser will momentarily close that window and then restore it, thus reestablishing communication. I must admit that the frequency with which this occurs is becoming quite frustrating.

Last edited:
I am not a mobile user, so I have not experienced this specific problem. However, I have lately experienced a lot of "Volnation.com is not responding due to a long-running script" messages. Frequently, the browser will momentarily close that window and then restore it, thus reestablishing communication. I must admit that the frequency with this occurs is becoming frustrating.

I've had a few people message me with this error. Typically updating to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and clearing your browser cache and temporary files seems to solve the issue. Let me know if that helps.

I'm only getting threads with new posts and sticky threads showing up now on mobile.

I use an iPhone 4 and rarely have a problem. Could it be more of an issue with Android?

Thank you. You are a scholar and a gentleman. I'm coming back in off the ledge now.

BB runs like a boss too!
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Actually the blackberry skin is different. It doesn't have a lot of the features the iphone/android version has, like avatars and inline pictures. With the next update I'm hoping to make it universal for every phone type.

:hi:

I use an iPhone 4 and rarely have a problem. Could it be more of an issue with Android?

I have android, I use the Iphone mobile and never really have problems. On the classic one I did.

So have any of you guys ever experienced this issue where you can't access a thread?

So have any of you guys ever experienced this issue where you can't access a thread?

On rare occasion it will act as if a thread has been deleted. Normally after a while it starts working again.

It will say something to the effect of no valid thread specified. I can't say whether or not this is on merged threads.

Nope. Well. If I'm using Wifi and I get kicked off while posting yeah. It won't let me on that thread for a min or two. Nothing big

I have it every once in a while. No noticeable pattern that I can tell tho

On rare occasion it will act as if a thread has been deleted. Normally after a while it starts working again.

It will say something to the effect of no valid thread specified. I can't say whether or not this is on merged threads.

This seems to be the issue I'm hearing about.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Is this some sort of cyber attack by Kentucky fans? But srsly the only issues I have had are the long running script incidents that don't happen all the time in pc mode.

But everytime I click in this thread in particular I get the long running script error.

But everytime I click in this thread in particular I get the long running script error.
Have you tried my suggestion of updating to the latest version of Adobe Flash that I posted above?

Every now and again if a thread was merged I wouldn't be able to open it. Would tell me to contact administration as I clicked a non working link. Sometimes I couldn't access that thread for days.

Been awhile though. Then I got this earlier which seems to be fixed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back