VolNation mobile merged thread bug

I only access VN on my IPhone & about 1 out of every 20 threads or posts it won't come up. I'm not sure what comes up but it looks like a VolNation homepage, but no info is accessible when it happens.

I've had a few people message me with this error. Typically updating to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and clearing your browser cache and temporary files seems to solve the issue. Let me know if that helps.

That is what I did when I had the problem but it only worked temporarily. I have since switched to Firefox as my internet and it hasn't happened since...

Also, I have iPhone and never have any the mobile problems you are talking about

Last edited:
So have any of you guys ever experienced this issue where you can't access a thread?

I have on the ipad, but not on the galaxy note 2( android) . One issue with the smartphone is say when I click a thread in the recruiting forum and I return to the page, it is still bolded in black as unread. Though I just viewed the last post. It is unbolded and works as intended on the ipad. After checking 10 or so threads on the android though it gets confusing cause you're not sure if a new post has occurred or its just a constantly bolded thread title

I only access VN on my IPhone & about 1 out of every 20 threads or posts it won't come up. I'm not sure what comes up but it looks like a VolNation homepage, but no info is accessible when it happens.

Are you on Wifi? Have you tried refreshing the page?

If you think about it, next time it happens take a screen shot and post it here.

I have on the ipad, but not on the galaxy note 2( android) . One issue with the smartphone is say when I click a thread in the recruiting forum and I return to the page, it is still bolded in black as unread. Though I just viewed the last post. It is unbolded and works as intended on the ipad. After checking 10 or so threads on the android though it gets confusing cause you're not sure if a new post has occurred or its just a constantly bolded thread title

So the thread title are always bold on the Galaxy Note 2?

Actually the blackberry skin is different. It doesn't have a lot of the features the iphone/android version has, like avatars and inline pictures. With the next update I'm hoping to make it universal for every phone type.

:hi:

Yeah you suggested switching to the ipone skin once before. I tried it out but I just like this "older" mobile version better. Runs smoother. Doesn't have to load all avatars, pics and gifs. JMO.I get all that jazz while I'm on the macbook or PC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah you suggested switching to the ipone skin once before. I tried it out but I just like this "older" mobile version better. Runs smoother. Doesn't have to load all avatars, pics and gifs. JMO.I get all that jazz while I'm on the macbook or PC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

Don't know if you've been doing work freak, but this thread was a long running script thread on my end, but today I haven't noticed any issues.

I've had the issue with merged threads not showing. If I go into Tapatalk & open it then come back to mobile it will start working though. Still waiting on web app icon. 😎

Freak, I just got an error in the NCAA forum on the Jeremy Hill battery thread. It says no valid thread specified. The thread shows one response but will not open for me.

I'm on iPhone 4.

Edit. The thread is now gone. Must have been deleted.

If you think about it, next time it happens take a screen shot and post it here.

So the thread title are always bold on the Galaxy Note 2?

Yes sir, my workaround is to close out and reopen every so often

Are you using the stock browser?

Sorry it's been so long since I set it up... How do I check and how would I switch between stock, skin, and mobile to check how they act? Ill give you an update on what I see. I think on the ipad I just have the normal site saved to home screen. It does remember across all three platforms. Pc, ipad, and the android with ice cream sand. I think I downloaded the mobile app on it but I'm not sure lol. It's in my lady's car right now or I'd investigate. I've seen the script thingy on the ipad , also on pc but it was a while back.

Edit... Ipad is under "use forum default" in user cp.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back