Vols #2

govols182

Eric Berry's commit vaults UT to number 2 in the rankings. Cody Pope is also now a 3 star. We are ahead by about 150 rivals points. Maybe we can keep the lead.

can we now put all the negative recruiting threads back at the top and set the table for the crow to be eaten by the NegaVols?

He was a 3 star and then Rivals moved him to a 2 star and then back to a 3 star, I was wondering why that happened

not too shabby...this is what i call a bounce back year....NR and no bowl to top 20 and NYD bowl....25 ranked recruiting class after 05 to #2....

i see improvement everywhere.

not too shabby...this is what i call a bounce back year....NR and no bowl to top 20 and NYD bowl....25 ranked recruiting class after 05 to #2....

i see improvement everywhere.

I agree 100%, but that does not absolve Phil for letting us get to that point in the first place. A losing season is not so easily forgotten, esp one in which Vandy lays the wood to us.

I agree 100%, but that does not absolve Phil for letting us get to that point in the first place. A losing season is not so easily forgotten, esp one in which Vandy lays the wood to us.
don't disagree with you...hate to have to go thru years like 05.

but, it was only 1 year. and it looks like the ship is sailing in the right direction again.

05 is way back in my rear view mirror these days....and it appears our program has done the same right now, and that's all you can ask for.

i'm feeling a whole lot better about the next 3 years or so than i do feel bad/mad/etc. about 05 right now.

a lot of quantity for those SEC schools. Quality is a bit of a question mark (comparing the avg. star rating) for a few of the schools.

5 out of the top 10 SEC schools. That looks good for the SEC
yep. and notice it's the same SEC schools we always talk about competing with....as we get better, no one else is really getting worse.

the SEC is going to be one heck of a conference to win over the next 5 years.

and as USC, Ole Miss and BAma get back on track, it will only get tougher.

Just look at Louisville, they had a pretty good year and are still #50. They do only have 12 recruits so they probably will climb but they are still behind Kentucky for now. I think that just goes to show how strong the SEC is in recruiting.

if i've said it once....

don't put too much stock into recruiting rankings.

1-10 = the same

11-20 = the same

21-30 = the same

and so on.

trust me I sent a link to my UF buddy as soon as it happened, his response, "As soon as we win the Natl Champ, we'll land some guys and jump up". I hope he's not right.

if i've said it once....

don't put too much stock into recruiting rankings.

1-10 = the same

11-20 = the same

21-30 = the same

and so on.

I disagree.

The #1 class in a given year is far far better than the #10 class. Why do we think USC has been doing so well the last couple years? Could it perhaps be that they had the #1 recruiting class the last 3 (and almost 4) years?

Your "tier" system is a little too arbitrary friend. But, hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

i have a friend that did a statistical analysis on the correlation between recruiting rankings and results. his analysis showed that there is only a 0.4098 out of a possible 1.0000 correlation between recruiting rankings and winning percentages since December of 2002, believe it or not. Now, his analysis could not take into account the strength of the opponents, but, nonetheless, it is a good baseline with which to start the argument.

i have a friend that did a statistical analysis on the correlation between recruiting rankings and results. his analysis showed that there is only a 0.4098 out of a possible 1.0000 correlation between recruiting rankings and winning percentages since December of 2002, believe it or not. Now, his analysis could not take into account the strength of the opponents, but, nonetheless, it is a good baseline with which to start the argument.

Your friend has too much time on his hands, and needs female companionship...

VN Store

Back