Vols #4 in the AP Poll 9/29/24

Using the latest AP rankings, we would be the #6 seed in CFP rankings, hosting #11 Michigan in the 1st round. Neyland would be lit.

1. Alabama (SEC)
2. Ohio State (BIG)
3. Miami (ACC)
4. Iowa State (Big 12)
5. Texas
6. Tennessee
7. Georgia
8. Oregon
9. Penn State
10. Missouri
11. Michigan
12. Boise State (G5)
I want MI to switch with MO...we owe them and beating

A little surprised to see us in front of UGA honestly, but until we play more of our schedule, I'm good with where we are ranked.

Also, from a local supporter kind of view, pretty cool to see Indiana in the Top 25. Curt Cignetti is definitely changing the culture in Bloomington.
Dude 100% I can’t believe what he’s doing they have so little talent it’s crazy.

Reactions: IndianaVol
it’s about right, we should honestly be 3 since Ohio State has played absolutely no one of consequence
If you think about it, nobody in the top 4 has played a top team other than Bama yesterday. Texas’ win over Michigan isn’t as impressive since Michigan is proving themselves to not be as strong as expected. If we are really the playoff team we’re all expecting, then We’re not truly going to be tested until we face bama. Guess everything will shake out in a few weeks

Last time UT had the #4 ranking and played a so-so Arkansas team the next Saturday, the hogs won with a FG as time expired. It was the beginning of the end of the Majors era.

If you think about it, nobody in the top 4 has played a top team other than Bama yesterday. Texas’ win over Michigan isn’t as impressive since Michigan is proving themselves to not be as strong as expected. If we are really the playoff team we’re all expecting, then We’re not truly going to be tested until we face bama. Guess everything will shake out in a few weeks
We’ve played two top 25 teams on the road. Maybe they didn’t deserve to be ranked but they were and we beat them in a convincing fashion

OSU played Akron, W Michigan, Marshal and Michigan State.

it’s not even close, our wins are far more impressive.

Last time UT had the #4 ranking and played a so-so Arkansas team the next Saturday, the hogs won with a FG as time expired. It was the beginning of the end of the Majors era.
1992 in Neyland. It began a three game losing streak as we lost at home to Bama and then QB Steve Tanneyhill and USC jr.

Iirc, Arkansas needed an onsides kick to stay in the game and then somehow beat us. Crazy!

But we got this! This team is focused and Heup has them ready, imo. We need to stay healthy!

Go Vols!

I just want to be in the top 4 when the playoff spots are announced. And I don’t care where anyone else is ranked.

Last time Tennessee had a ranked team entering college football season with a new NCAA system for determining who would play for the national championship, Tennessee won the national championship.

VN Store

Back