Vols 7th In NFL Talent

I think the numbers are about 30% of 5 star players and 15% of 4 star players make it to the NFL.

And in that there's the oddity like Bryce Brown that didn't do squat in college that somehow find themselves on an NFL roster. Talented for sure, but not for college.

Only if UT puts hardware in the trophy case.

Does it really make you feel that great about the program when NFL teams are stocked with former UT players but their time at UT didn't produce anything?

I love it when I see former Vols on Sunday, but I shake my head at the same time thinking UT should have been better while they were there.

This was what ultimately did Fulmer in, IMO.
Players stopped Improving from sophomore year to senior year, got drafted late, then balled out in the pros while being average at UT.
We had Foster and Hardesty in the same backfield but had a middle of the pack running game.

Judging from Butch's 2 star that was drafted overall #1, I think we may have more improvement in the horizon. Watch out world.

Dooley and his tenure are what's staggeringly pathetic. Worst coach is UT history by a mile.

He deserves every bit of hate he gets.

and I agree that he's the worst by a mile. Doesn't mean it should be brought up in every thread. Those failures weren't just his fault. They were His, Fulmer's, Kiffin's, and the ADs.

Holding on to anger doesn't do anything but get likes from people, and if that ever stops people will stop bringing it up.

and I agree that he's the worst by a mile. Doesn't mean it should be brought up in every thread. Those failures weren't just his fault. They were His, Fulmer's, Kiffin's, and the ADs.

Holding on to anger doesn't do anything but get likes from people, and if that ever stops people will stop bringing it up.

That you Barbara???

Or off of this board. Did someone seriously come to dooleys defense? His vfl card should be revoked IMO.

Didn't come to his defense. came to the "Sick and tired of hearing dooley **** in every threat, its worse than gruden was and almost as bad as fulmer is fat jokes."

That you Barbara???

So saying its old and pathetic that people keep bringing up dooley in every thread means I'm defending him? Hell no. I'm just sick and tired of the *****ing like 13 year old girls who didn't get to eat dessert. It doesn't make the situation better, every time its brought it up it just makes it keep going longer.

This was what ultimately did Fulmer in, IMO.
Players stopped Improving from sophomore year to senior year, got drafted late, then balled out in the pros while being average at UT.
We had Foster and Hardesty in the same backfield but had a middle of the pack running game.

Judging from Butch's 2 star that was drafted overall #1, I think we may have more improvement in the horizon. Watch out world.

I hope you're right, but Butch taking credit for the #1 NFL pick is akin to CP's JC coach taking credit for his draft position.

Only if UT puts hardware in the trophy case.

Does it really make you feel that great about the program when NFL teams are stocked with former UT players but their time at UT didn't produce anything?

I love it when I see former Vols on Sunday, but I shake my head at the same time thinking UT should have been better while they were there.

Chock that up to a former coach who was incapable of developing his talent. He readily brought in high-level talent, but couldn't take them to the next level. Year-in and year-out Vols saw their draft stock soar during workouts and the combine, not because they dominated on Saturdays. Against coaches who could bring in equivalent levels of talent, the Xs and Os coach beat him routinely. And it wasn't that he lost those games, it was that he was made to look inferior in those games. Vols teams in the 90s should not have looked like peewee teams against Spurrier, but alas.

So saying its old and pathetic that people keep bringing up dooley in every thread means I'm defending him? Hell no. I'm just sick and tired of the *****ing like 13 year old girls who didn't get to eat dessert. It doesn't make the situation better, every time its brought it up it just makes it keep going longer.

I'll take that as a yes.

VN Store

Back