Vols 890 Cincy 863

I noticed this a while ago. All the talk about the uptempo offense has confused me. Jones never averaged 70 plays per game at Cincinnati. I don't think they were ever in the Top 50.

I like the up tempo offense mostly because it not only can wear down there defense, but also controls there ability to sub in fresh players. SABAN couldnt win as many games as he has, had he not been afforded more opportunities to sub in certain players. What do you guys think. Im learn'n myself

I like the up tempo offense mostly because it not only can wear down there defense, but also controls there ability to sub in fresh players. SABAN couldnt win as many games as he has, had he not been afforded more opportunities to sub in certain players. What do you guys think. Im learn'n myself

Saban is a bad example. They play ball control smash mouth run, play action offense. Completed with a tough give up nothing 3-4 NFL type defense (and have plenty of numbers and talent) on both sides of the ball. The only thing subs might change is the starting line-up on the next Saturday.

Saban is a bad example. They play ball control smash mouth run, play action offense. Completed with a tough give up nothing 3-4 NFL type defense (and have plenty of numbers and talent) on both sides of the ball. The only thing subs might change is the starting line-up on the next Saturday.

Alabama reminds me of the old Miami teams of the 80s..they only had like 12 plays..but they were better than you at every position and didn't need to do anything really fancy

Interesting stat from last year

@GrantRamey ‏@GrantRamey 2m

There's always so much talk about the speed of a Mike Bajakian offense. Cincy ran 863 plays last year (in 13 games). #Vols ran 890 in 12.

On a side note, we had a total of 30 defensive plays in 12 games last season.

Reactions: 1 person
Avg Plays per game (#games)

Cincy 66.4 Opponents 73.6 (13)
Vols 74.2 Opponents 82.1 (12)
Oregon 81.5 Opponents 71 (13)
Florida 63.6 Opponents 65.9 (13)
Georgia 66 Opponents 69.1 (14)
S.Caro 65.8 Opponents 67.9 (13)

Weren't the Vols somewhat up tempo last year also? Like no huddle and such?

Lots of variables to account for also.

VN Store

Back