Vols add JUCO lefty

Good stuff. The main issue is obviously walks with a bunch of wild pitches sprinkled in. The staff has just not tolerated a bunch of walks in the past, and I bet they won’t going forward either. I think the coaching staff must believe they can get his walks under some control. The same would apply to Marcus Phillips and some of his control issues.

If he and Marcus can get that issue resolved, those will be two huge weapons going forward.

Strikeouts are based on a number of things. Location, movement, knowledge of how to pitch to particular batters. All of that plays a key role. High strikeout numbers means he has good control, can locate his pitches. Probably has good movement, what that means is the pitch looks like it's coming in and then late it'll move and get a swing and a miss. Velocity plays a part too but you can have good strikeout numbers without super high velocity.
He did have 22 wild pitches.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
After reading a couple of articles about LH pitcher Brandon Arvidson, I am super excited.

Brandon said Coach Vitello and Coach Anderson both want him to be a starter. Also, Brandon said he struggled all season trying to duplicate his delivery. In other words, he said his walks were way up because he could not consistently duplicate the same delivery. He was very excited because in his words, Coach Anderson had already studied
his delivery and told him his plans to correct his mechanics.

Brandon has an elite fastball that routinely hits 97 mph. He also throws a wipeout slider and a change-up. In my opinion, Brandon is a left -handed Nate Sneed. I think Nate Sneed is an elite right hander, who will probably start in the 2025 season.

We may have Coach Schlossnagle to thank for Arvidson commitment. Brandon was red shirted his freshman year at Texas A&M. After playing last year at a JUCO, he committed to play for Texas. Once Schlossnagle was hired at Texas, Brandon chose to look elsewhere.

In interviews, Brandon repeated several times, that finding a coaching staff he could trust was huge to his recruitment. He is eligible for the 2024 MLB, but says he needs a year to get better with a "staff that cares about him."

Last edited:
After reading a couple of articles about LH pitcher Brandon Arvidson, I am super excited.

Brandon said Coach Vitello and Coach Anderson both want him to be a starter. Also, Brandon said he struggled all season trying to duplicate his delivery. In other words, he said his walks were way up because he could not consistently duplicate the same delivery. He was very excited because in his words, Coach Anderson had already studied

Brandon has an elite fastball that routinely hits 97 mph. He also throws a wipeout slider and a change-up. In my opinion, Brandon is a left -handed Nate Sneed. I think Nate Sneed is an elite right hander, who will probably start in the 2025 season.

We may have Coach Schlossnagle to thank for Arvidson commitment. Brandon was red shirted his freshman year at Texas A&M. After playing last year at a JUCO, he committed to play for Texas. Once Schlossnagle was hired at Texas, Brandon chose to look elsewhere.

In interviews, Brandon repeated several times, that finding a coaching staff he could trust was huge to his recruitment. He is eligible for the 2024 MLB, but says he needs a year to get better with a "staff that cares about him."
What? He couldn't trust Schloss??

Sneed averaged just over 7 SO’s per nine innings, while Arvidson averaged just below 16 per nine.

VN Store

Back