Vols Draft Thread (Where did they go)

BallerVol

I will Update this as I can with all UT players, right Now here is where we stand.

Cordarrelle Patterson- Round 1, pick #29-Minnesota Vikings

Justin Hunter- Round 2, pick #34-Tennessee Titans

Dallas Thomas- Round 3, Pick #77 Miami Dolphins

Mychal Rivera-Round 6, Pick #184 Oakland Raiders

Da'Rick Rogers- Undrafted Free Agent-Buffalo Bills

Tyler Bray- Undrafted Free Agent-Miami Dolphins/Kansas City Chiefs. Not sure which one, but reports are out that Chiefs have reached a deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Yeah, kind of makes you question all 3, but then again I never expected CP to drop that late

Hunter has a child. It was pretty much a given that he'd leave early, the acl injury didn't help any. Just imagine where Darick would be right now if he would have had his head on straight during his time at Tennessee. He'd be a 1st round, top 10-15 pick IMO.

Reactions: 5 people
I think under this read-option system with CBJ, Patterson could have been a whole different kind of monster. Hunter could have been really good as well if the quarterback throwing him the ball was better than what he would have by staying at UT. And Bray is a straight up pocket passer. He doesn't have "spread offense" or "read-option" in his vocab. I wish Patterson and Hunter would have stayed for sure, but I understand why all three left.

^^^^ He will make more money in one season then you will in your life time....In a couple seconds

Youmadbro?

Did Gruden say Hunter is better than Patterson? Um, did he watch us this year? Is it just me or is that flat out wrong?

Or am I the one that's wrong here? You guys agree/disagree?

:unsure:

That's why he needed to stay and get his degree.

I think he would have raised his stock much higher by staying an extra year, Hunter and CP included. But they felt like it was right and I support it. They're former Vols and represented Tennessee well. I'm proud of both of them.

Reactions: 2 people
Did Gruden say Hunter is better than Patterson? Um, did he watch us this year? Is it just me or is that flat out wrong?

Or am I the one that's wrong here? You guys agree/disagree?

:unsure:

As far as athleticism, CP>>>>>Hunter by far. But Hunter is the more complete receiver overall. He's more experienced. Hunter still had a good year aside from a few dropped passes, and he's a deep threat to score all day long 1 on 1. He should've been a first rounder as well IMO.

As far as athleticism, CP>>>>>Hunter by far. But Hunter is the more complete receiver overall. He's more experienced. Hunter still had a good year aside from a few dropped passes, and he's a deep threat to score all day long 1 on 1. He should've been a first rounder as well IMO.

I'll agree with this assessment. Hunter has far more polish, but became detached from games a bit too often for me this year. Hope I'm wrong but I think the dropped passes should be a legitimate part of the scouting report; I think it might be something that plagues him his whole career.

He is a Vol, so I will root hard for him. But as a Vikes fan, I'm ECSTATIC.

Reactions: 1 person
That's why he needed to stay and get his degree.

Tennessee offers a program where former football players can come back and finish their degree for free, plus its alot easier going to college when you have alot of money. so would you of still stayed for another year?

Last edited:
I'll agree with this assessment. Hunter has far more polish, but became detached from games a bit too often for me this year. Hope I'm wrong but I think the dropped passes should be a legitimate part of the scouting report; I think it might be something that plagues him his whole career.

He is a Vol, so I will root hard for him. But as a Vikes fan, I'm ECSTATIC.

Honestly, I think Hunter will balk out now that he'll be in the NFL. He showed flashes of the Justin Hunter we all came to know his Freshman year, but I think a lot of the dropped passes had to do with his mentality from his injury. If he can overcome that mental fear from his injury, he will have a long career in the NFL! But I agree, I think CP is a great fit for Minesotta with Harvin gone! I was holding out hope for the Broncos to draft CP or Hunter to give Peyton a Vol to throw to! But I figured it wouldn't happen. Maybe they'll pick up Zach Rogers later on!

So... great decision to leave early by Justin Hunter! Remember when he used to be a lock to go in the first round?

Yeah...great decision on calling someone out that has accomplished more in 3 years of his life than you ever will in the entirety of yours.

Speak for yourself. A degree worthwhile will earn you $3-$4m in a lifetime of employment. If he's going to get that in one season, I stand corrected.

the average signing bonus for a 2nd round pick is 2.5 mil and his salary for his first year will be a little above a half mil so if he is taken in round 2 then yes you are wrong before he even steps on the field

Honestly, I think Hunter will balk out now that he'll be in the NFL. He showed flashes of the Justin Hunter we all came to know his Freshman year, but I think a lot of the dropped passes had to do with his mentality from his injury. If he can overcome that mental fear from his injury, he will have a long career in the NFL! But I agree, I think CP is a great fit for Minesotta with Harvin gone! I was holding out hope for the Broncos to draft CP or Hunter to give Peyton a Vol to throw to! But I figured it wouldn't happen. Maybe they'll pick up Zach Rogers later on!

I'd love to see Zach get drafted. I'm going to miss him this year.

But yes, love CP as a replacement for Harvin. Harvin can suck it.

Reactions: 1 person
the average signing bonus for a 2nd round pick is 2.5 mil and his salary for his first year will be a little above a half mil so if he is taken in round 2 then yes you are wrong before he even steps on the field

Wow. Guaranteed money? What if he's injured?

An article on second round contracts. About qb's to an extent, but still relevant to the discussion. Y! SPORTS

I read the article before my first post and the key is looking at signing bonuses. Essentially if you know you will be drafted in the first two rounds it makes no sense to stay in school for a degree. It makes sense of you think that if you stay you can be an early first round pick but outside of that you should go from a dollar stand point

VN Store

Back