Vols Draft Thread (Where did they go)

As a 2nd round WR, Hunter would likely get a deal similar to the one Rueben Randle got last year for $1.39M guaranteed. Signing Bonus $834,132 plus about 500K a year.

And after taxes, agent fees, costs, etc.... how much is left? Have you seen the many articles about how many athletes leave the pro ranks essentially bankrupt? Here's hoping that he gets some sound financial advice, and that when it is all over he can complete his degree (if he desires).

He was fun to watch, and I am thankful for his contributions to TN football, although all of us, now, I think, wish those days would have been better.

Go Vols.

I'd love to see Zach get drafted. I'm going to miss him this year.

But yes, love CP as a replacement for Harvin. Harvin can suck it.
Somebody may well take ZRo by the 7th Rd. There are a lot worse WR's taken and from schools you never heard of. He could have made himself a lot of money had he come on like he did, last season....when Hunter was out. He had some games as a Senior that made you think "This guy could be a damned good WR in the NFL." But showing up in just a handful of games your senior year won't impress NFL teams enough to invest a draft pick on you.

You do know Vols-1 is Haslam :)

Which Haslam? I think more than one is going to be in deep doo doo when all is said and done.

But, heck take Jimmy for all the trouble he's in, he still paid over $1 billion+ for the Browns and you can bet your sweet bippy that either he or whichever family member runs the Browns if Jimmy's forced to surrender control/ownership will get every penny back. That's the thing about the NFL, it sounds like the players are paid a lot but the guys and gals running the show are making money off of them with a ROI that's mind blowing.

In contrast to the owners (some of which are trust fund babies and others of which are educated business folk, entrepreneurs, and others who were fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to make it big in whatever their chosen field was/is), the players are paid peanuts.

^^^^ He will make more money in one season then you will in your life time....In a couple seconds

Youmadbro?

Keep living in that fantasy world. Vince Young made more money than I will ever make in my lifetime..guess who has more money now? (hint not Vince Young).

Reactions: 2 people
I'd love to see Zach get drafted. I'm going to miss him this year.

But yes, love CP as a replacement for Harvin. Harvin can suck it.

Peyton over Tebow. Patterson over Harvin. Vols replacing Gators in the pros, is this a trend?

Reactions: 1 person
its still a good decision.

Not by Hunter it wasnt. He and Bray would have benefited from having guys that actually will coach, care about their players and get the most out of them, which the last staff didnt do. CP could have used a yr to polish his route running but I thing grades were the biggest issue.

Which Haslam? I think more than one is going to be in deep doo doo when all is said and done.

But, heck take Jimmy for all the trouble he's in, he still paid over $1 billion+ for the Browns and you can bet your sweet bippy that either he or whichever family member runs the Browns if Jimmy's forced to surrender control/ownership will get every penny back. That's the thing about the NFL, it sounds like the players are paid a lot but the guys and gals running the show are making money off of them with a ROI that's mind blowing.

In contrast to the owners (some of which are trust fund babies and others of which are educated business folk, entrepreneurs, and others who were fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to make it big in whatever their chosen field was/is), the players are paid peanuts.

Company owners should make more than the employees, they're the ones who take the financial risk.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hey Ya'll I don't have a smart phone tonight so I won't be up to the minute on these but as soon as I get back home tonight the list will be updated. Thanks for your patients. MODS feel free to edit if I haven't already

From what I understand cp had to go his grades would have put him on the sidelines is that not what the word was he never attended class?

Hunter has a child. It was pretty much a given that he'd leave early, the acl injury didn't help any. Just imagine where Darick would be right now if he would have had his head on straight during his time at Tennessee. He'd be a 1st round, top 10-15 pick IMO.

Da'Rick is the best of the bunch IMO.

Keep living in that fantasy world. Vince Young made more money than I will ever make in my lifetime..guess who has more money now? (hint not Vince Young).

He still made more money than most of us, he could not keep it, but that is a different story.

The point is, these guys would not benefit from a degree in "basket weaving", the best chance for them to make money in their life is to play football in the NFL.

Another point to consider is that having a degree do NOT guarantee certain level of income or even being employed, you have to be good in your chosen field.

That's why he needed to stay and get his degree.

What if he is not good in academic endeavors? what if he simply can't do it? why should he stay? If his best and perhaps only chance at a succesful and productive life is playing professional football.

Hard to believe Da'Rick isn't off the board, dude is gonna be a huge steal if he stays out of trouble.

VN Store

Back