Vols Fall Practice #4

What concerns me with Boo is not the talent but the experience and going thru an entire season as the starter and the grind of SEC football and if his body can hold up. The plan of working him in and hoping he could take over later in the season would cause less physical stress. Hope he can hold up because he is certainly talented.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What concerns me with Boo is not the talent but the experience and going thru an entire season as the starter and the grind of SEC football and if his body can hold up. The plan of working him in and hoping he could take over later in the season would cause less physical stress. Hope he can hold up because he is certainly talented.
Being that we rotate pretty evenly between 1st and 2nd team defense this isn’t that much of an issue.

We’ve been platooning our defense for 3 seasons now. We have to because of how our offense is never on the field that long.

Boo needs to be ready he’s a starter or 2nd team. They’re basically the same

Being that we rotate pretty evenly between 1st and 2nd team defense this isn’t that much of an issue.

We’ve been platooning our defense for 3 seasons now. We have to because of how our offense is never on the field that long.

Boo needs to be ready he’s a starter or 2nd team. They’re basically the same
Even more reason for concern because now the 3rd guy on the depth chart is basically the starter. Boo will be out their more in high leverage situations because of the talent difference is big time over the swiss army knife even though it is a cool story.

We didn't lose our top 6 DBs. The coaching staff told 6 underperforming DBs to get lost

Tamarion McDonald was solid at STAR, and would’ve made an impact with this injury. Hadden was also good and got drafted because he was good. Slaughter was good at STAR and got picked up by another SEC team. The data doesn’t support what you are saying

Tamarion McDonald was solid at STAR, and would’ve made an impact with this injury. Hadden was also good and got drafted because he was good. Slaughter was good at STAR and got picked up by another SEC team. The data doesn’t support what you are saying
Slaughter went to Arkansas, that should tell you all you need to know.

Wow, imagine thinking we're on the same level as Arkansas. I hope to never be this kind of fan

Then why didn't they pay them to stay? The general consensus seems to be they were fine with them leaving or even told them to. I also have a hard time believing that Heupel chose not to fire Martinez even when his entire until got the heck out of dodge.

How many of these guys left for powerhouses like Bama, Georgia, Ohio St, Texas, USC, Michigan, etc. I mean just think about it

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Ya I meant at Star. That was his natural position. Think UK game two years ago. I’m not sure Charles is better, Boo is young.

I’d say if we can stay healthy I feel ok. If we have an injury or two more. That’s scary.
Slaughter barely played last year. And when he did, he wasn’t good.

But also, when he played in 2022, he was a CB.

The data says Slaughter didn’t play significant minutes last year. He only played in 5 of Tennessee’s 13 games. He wasn’t even a starter. He was pushed out.

VN Store

Back